Lakelands Academy is an exceptionally successful and popular 11-16 academy, with a reputation for excellence. Staff and students often describe the academy as having a ‘family feel’ because of the ethos of care and support that is extended to members of its community.
The academy is seeking to fill the following permanent position to commence on the Autumn 2021.
Grade 6 Point 7-11 (£20,092 - £21,748 per annum, pro rata)
37 hours per week, term time only
Fixed Term until 31 August 2022
We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic cover supervisor with excellent interpersonal skills and a proven record of inspiring and motivating young people. The role involves:
- Cover of lessons during short term absence (and where necessary, longer periods of absence) of regular teachers, who will have set suitable work for the duration.
- When not on cover, assisting our Achievement Team in providing the most effective care, guidance and support to help all students engage and make good progress.
The successful candidate will be someone who:
- possesses enthusiasm, energy, flexibility and compassion
- is able to guide and support students effectively
- is able to communicate effectively with students, parents and others
- has excellent organisational skills
All Application closing dates: Midday Wednesday 22 September 2021
All Interviews to be held: Week commencing 27 september 2021
This Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All appointments are subject to a satisfactory disclosure from Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
Lakelands Academy, Oswestry Road, Ellesmere, Shropshire, SY12 0EA
Tel: 01691 622543
Fax: 01691 623834
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 16 years