Secondary KS3 and KS4 (Ages 11 – 16)
Various start dates - Term time only
Pay – £75 – 90 per day (Salary is dependent on experience, training or qualifications). The minimum experience, training or qualifications required for this position are relevant classroom-based experience.
ASAP – Temporary
Cover supervisors are suitably trained school staff who supervise pupils carrying out pre-prepared exercises when teaching staff are on short-term absence. The cover supervisor’s main job is to manage a classroom, ensuring that students remain on task with the work they have been set.
• supervising work that has been set in accordance with the school policy
• managing the behaviour of pupils while they are undertaking this work to ensure a constructive environment
• responding to any questions from pupils about process and procedures
• dealing with any immediate problems or emergencies according to the school’s policies and procedures
• collecting any completed work after the lesson and returning it to the appropriate teacher
• reporting back as appropriate using the school’s agreed referral procedures on the behaviour of pupils during the class, and any issues arising
• the role should not require any marking or planning
To be considered for the Cover Supervisor position, you will:
• You will need to have a minimum of 4 weeks of experience within a school environment to work with us, ideally within a Secondary School.
• Qualifications you ideally may hold; Any degree or recognised teaching qualification, or; Level 2 Award in Support Work in Schools; Level 2 Certificate in Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools; Level 3 Certificate in Cover Supervision of Pupils in Schools (City and Guilds or OCR).
• Have a genuine desire to become part of a committed team of educational professionals.
• Have a passion for working with young people.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.
About Smart Teachers
Smart Teachers is a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. We are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff. We have branches across the country, and we are part of the world-renowned education company Tes Global.
What Smart Teachers offer
As a valued employee of Smart Teachers, you will receive
• Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
• Guaranteed pay scheme (to commence when schools re-open, subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
• Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
• Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
• FREE online Edu
• Care training package, including 38 accredited safeguarding and duty of care online courses.
• Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
• Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
How to apply
If you are a Cover Supervisor who can enthuse, motivate and engage students and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment, then we want to hear from you.
Apply today via this website, or for more information about this role and other opportunities across Smart Teachers, please contact our Secondary team on 0207 065 7500 quoting job reference RXN COVSUPwalthamabbey.
Due to the coronavirus pandemic and to ensure we are fully compliant with Government guidance relating to social distancing, interviews with shortlisted candidates will take place by video call.