LOCATION: Weavers Academy
SALARY: NJC Grade 4 Points 7 - 11 £19,554—£21,166 FTE, pro-rata £13,576.30 – £14,695.51
CONTRACT: Fixed Term Contract 12 months
HOURS: 30 hours per week, 39 weeks per year (term time plus 5 days)
This role will require you to supervise whole classes during the short term absence of the class teacher. This is a demanding role requiring very good numeracy/literacy skills and behaviour management skills along with the ability to communicate effectively with staff and students.
Overall aim to support the governors, Principal and teaching staff in their aim to improve student achievement by providing a positive learning environment.
The Cover Supervisor will work under the guidance of teachers and/or members of the Leadership Team and within an agreed system of supervision.
The role involves supervising whole classes during the short-term absence of the teacher, including implementing work programmes, managing student behaviour and assisting students in relevant activities.
The main focus of such cover will be to respond to questions, assist pupils to undertake set activities and stay on task and maintain order.
To undertake duties as required to meet the needs of the school and the team.
- To supervise students in mainstream classroom and the internal exclusion unit, including distribution of work set by teaching staff, across all areas of the curriculum.
- Liaise with teaching staff regarding work set in class and with pastoral staff where appropriate.
- Be responsible for a class of students in lesson time.
- Ensure the health and safety of students in their care.
- Respond to procedural questions from students.
- Help students with reading, writing and organisation where appropriate.
- Provide additional support to pupils with SEND or high needs during lessons or in small group
- Implement the School’s Behaviour Policy and Procedure.
- Collect in completed work when appropriate.
- When not covering lessons you will assist in the Student Office and carry out duties as requested by the Student Office Manager.
- Deal with any immediate problems or emergencies in accordance with the schools policies and procedures.
- Attend training sessions as required.
- Carry out other relevant duties as may be reasonably required by the Principal or co-ordinator of staff cover.
For further information and an application pack, please visit our website: http://www.weaversacademy.org.uk/home/vacancies
Please forward your completed application form and supporting letter to the HR Office at Weavers Academy. Electronic copies are accepted via email at: HRManager@weaversacademy.org.uk. Please note CVs alone are not accepted.
Closing Date for applications is 8am on Friday 19 July 2019.
The Creative Education Trust is committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children as its number one priority. This commitment to robust recruitment, selection and Induction procedures extends to organisations and services linked to the academy on its behalf.