We are seeking to recruit confidant and enthusiastic individuals to train on the job to learn how to become an effective Cover Teacher, delivering pre-planned lessons in the absence of a teaching member of staff. This is an ideal springboard opportunity for Graduates to gain sound teaching experience prior to initial teacher training or a developmental role for an individual wishing to work with young people.
The ideal Candidate will:-
• Have a natural passion and enthusiasm for being in the classroom, ideally with experience in a School setting;
• Understand how to ensure and promote good standards of conduct and behaviour by our students;
• Love encouraging, motivating and inspiring young people;
• Be committed to our ethos that all students can achieve at Horbury Academy;
• Have great references and appraisal documentation demonstrating they are safe to work with young people. Horbury Academy has:-
• Ambitious, eager to learn students who have the benefit of both an innovative curriculum and extra curriculum programme;
• A safe, caring environment where respect and consideration is taught, established and valued by all;
• Warm, dedicated and well trained staff who are committed to doing their best for students every single day;
• A number of benefits to offer including a fantastic internal CPD programme, free parking, vibrant, multi-million pound state of the art facilities that foster excellence in teaching and learning, and a great location which is accessible from J40 of the M1.
All prospective candidates are welcome to visit on Thursday 8th February at 2.00pm which will be an opportunity for you to meet our lovely Cover team and find out more about the Academy as an employer. If you wish to attend please call our reception to let them know.
Closing Date is Friday 23rd February. The interviews will take place week commencing 5th March. Please note CV’s will not be accepted, application forms can be found on our jobs page.
It is an exciting time for Horbury Academy a founding member of the Accord MAT, working in equal partnership with Horbury Primary, Middlestown Junior and Infants and Ossett Academy.
Horbury Academy is committed to the Equality Act 2010 and also to promoting the welfare and safeguarding of children and young people, by adhering to the “Keeping Children Safe in Education” guidance. All staff and volunteers are regularly trained regarding our expectations in keeping our students safe. An enhanced DBS is required for every post.