Covid-19 Testing Assistant (Casual Contract)
Hours: Zero Hour Casual contract
(with shifts available varying between 2 and 37 hours per week)
Responsible to: Covid-19 Testing Team Leader
Based at: Elizabeth Woodville School (Roade or Deanshanger)
Pay Point: Grade D, point 3 (£9.36 per hour)
Elizabeth Woodville School is a secondary Academy with approximately 1100 students and 130 staff. As a Covid Testing Assistant, you would provide a range of practical support to facilitate the program of Covid-19 Testing in schools, recently announced by Government.
• Support existing Academy staff in the organisation of Covid-19 testing of staff and students
• Managing the supply of test kits and ordering replacements
• Help to ensure the school Covid-19 restrictions are adhered to, maintained to a high standard and that the school remains a Covid-safe environment
You will be required to work on a casual - positions available in both Deanshanger and Roade.
Set Up and administering of Covid-19 Tests
• Undertake appropriate training as befits the requirements of the role.
• Take responsibility for ensuring that you wear the required PPE correctly at all times.
• Give clear and concise directions to staff and students regarding their tests, maintaining a polite and courteous manners at all times.
• Assist in maintaining accurate records of who requires testing and when, then distribute test kits accordingly.
• Prepare extraction fluid vessels to receive the swabs operating with due care and attention at all times.
• Guide students and staff through the self-swabbing test process as appropriate.
• Manage any issues or incidents, such as inability to swab, bleeding nose etc. adequately.
• Receive the swab in the extraction vessel ensuring not to lose the sample on mixing.
• Administer 2 drops of mixed sample onto the testing device, checking for bubbles when loading device.
• Check the control test and ensure tests are processed safely and that any waste is disposed of appropriately into the correct receptacles.
• Be responsible for recording the ‘read time’ on the device clearly and accurately.
• Demonstrate an understanding of the escalation protocol to report incidents and seek advice from the Team Leader.
• Ensure that all surfaces are disinfected after each test has been completed in preparation for the next test subject, sanitising hands and changing PPE after disposing of used PPE safely and in accordance with the required protocol.
• Observe and record the results from the completed test device in a timely manner.
• Scan the barcodes and confirm the results correctly.
• Keep an accurate records of all the results including the positive and void results.
• Upload the results to the desired location as required by the school (i.e. internal spreadsheet or DfE central database)
• Escalate issues with Covid-19 Testing Team Leader for follow-up e.g. void test kits.
• Ensuring that records are accurate and kept confidential
General Infection Control
• Supporting the Team Leader to monitor and maintain the stock levels of both testing kits and PPE for the academy.
• Understands protocol for breaks and PPE change between breaks.
• Disinfects all contact surfaces and work area before hand-over, wiping keyboards thoroughly.
• Hand over still incubating devices to team leader as and when required, in accordance with the correct handling protocols
• Removal and disposal of PPE and used testing equipment appropriately, in line with the required protocols
Tove Learning Trust expects its employees to work flexibly within the framework of the job description. This means the post holder may be expected to carry out work that is not specified in the job description but which is within the remit of the role, duties and responsibilities.
Tove Learning Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff & visitors to share this commitment.
The Elizabeth Woodville School
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years