Are you passionate about helping every child succeed and improve their life chances?
Are you prepared to work collaboratively for the benefit of young people?
Will you offer children the opportunity to experience “life in all its fullness” by doing what it takes, no matter what their starting point or social challenges?
If so, Bolton St Catherine’s Academy would love to hear from you!
We are a 3-19 all age fully inclusive Academy on an exciting journey to become an outstanding organisation and are delighted to be able to offer state-of-the-art facilities in a new £36 million building providing staff with the opportunity to teach in a cutting edge and vibrant environment.
It is an exciting time to be joining us as, alongside our new headteacher, we work hard to improve and bring in line our KS4 outcomes with those in our primary and 6th form phases which are already considered to be good. We recently joined the newly formed Bishop Fraser Trust, a C of E multi academy trust, providing a great opportunity to work closely with the two outstanding schools in the MAT - St James’s C of E High School and Canon Slade School, sharing good practice and building on the much needed improvement work and progress that has been taking place over this past year.
The schools of The Bishop Fraser Trust aim to offer:
- A high quality, inclusive and distinctive education
- A caring and nurturing environment based on our Christian values, recognising the uniqueness of each child.
The successful candidate will :
- be an experienced department head or an outstanding teacher in either a technology or IT discipline with some leadership experience
- have a clear understanding of the characteristics of high quality teaching and have experience of teaching across the whole age and ability range
- quickly build rapport and effective professional relationships with both our young people and colleagues and work hard to ensure all students make at least expected progress irrespective of their starting point and individual needs
- have a track record of delivering strong outcomes at KS4 & KS5 and be an acknowledged good to outstanding practitioner
- be able to both support and hold to account those colleagues and students who fail to uphold or demonstrate agreed standards
- motivate students to work hard and try their best through passing on to them their infectious enthusiasm and passion for their subject!
- actively share good practice and seek to explore ways to improve their own and others’ teaching
- understand that behaviour management starts with the quality of teaching in the classroom
- demonstrate leadership qualities including personal resilience, drive and initiative and role model those personal qualities we wish to see in all our staff and instil in our young people
In return we can offer:
- fantastic facilities
- a supportive and encouraging staff team
- a rigorous and motivational programme of continuous professional development and a pathway to senior leadership opportunities across the schools in the MAT
- opportunities to work with KS1 & KS2 pupils
- a laptop to use whilst in employment
- a paid premium to a Healthcare Cash Plan to claim back contributions towards dental, optical and other medical costs
- 24/7 access to an Employee Assistance Programme
- Access to a Cycle to Work Scheme
- A lunch allowance for those colleagues volunteering to assist in lunchtime duties or activities
For more information visit our website www.boltonstcatherinesacademy.org.uk or contact the Acting Deputy Headteacher David Williams email@example.com
Visits to the school prior to application are warmly welcomed. Please contact Mrs L Knibb to arrange on 01204 332533.
To apply please complete the TES online application form or, in the event of difficulty, download an application form from our website and email to firstname.lastname@example.org, ensuring in your letter of application that you show how you meet items on the person specification and explaining why you are applying for this post and why our school. Please pre-empt any obvious questions your application may pose by addressing these in your application.
The Bishop Fraser Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to child protection screening including an enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service and also past employment checks. We are an equal opportunities employer. References will be sought prior to interview.
Closing date: 9am Monday 14th January 2019.