Curriculum Director for Maths.
Tes is currently supporting a friendly and supportive UTC, based in Sheffield. The school is looking to add a Curriculum Director for Maths to their progressive and supportive Maths Department ideally starting in April or September 2021.
The role will include directing the delivery of Maths at KS3, GCSE and A-level across year groups 7 to 13. You will lead your department to enhance provision and will get the chance to lead on exciting project work throughout the year. Project work may include revising schemes of work and ensuring the curriculum is engaging to all learners alongside projects that support student attainment, well-being and engagement within the wider school. However, as Director you will have full autonomy to ensure your department meets targets and exceeds needs of our learners. You will lead by example, supporting and empowering your department’s teachers, staff and pupils to achieve to the best of their ability.
“The Academy Trust provides a new and dynamic education. We opened our City Centre site in September 2013 specialising in Engineering and Creative & Digital Media and then opened our second UTC on the exciting new Olympic Legacy Park in Sheffield in September 2016 offering opportunities for students in Health Science, Computing and Sports Science. UTC Derby Pride Park also joined the Trust in December 2019.
We aim to deliver an outstanding educational experience grounded in real, relevant workplace practice. Partnerships with world-class companies, schools, colleges and universities give our students a unique start to their future careers. We provide training today for the jobs of tomorrow. Our destinations are testament to our success with students progressing to Russell Group Universities including Cambridge and securing higher level apprenticeships and employment at companies including Boeing, Toyota, Bauer Media, BP and the Royal Navy.
Due to the retirement of the current post holder, we are looking to recruit a Curriculum Director for Mathematics. You will work alongside our Executive Principal and Principal to develop a centre of excellence focusing on Engineering and Creative & Digital Media. The core subjects underpin everything we do and as Curriculum Director for Mathematics, you will have a pivotal role. Mathematics is critical to our specialist subjects and the most popular A-level at the UTC.
You will have a track record of successful operational delivery at a leadership level in a relevant setting and proven positive impact on raising standards and managing change.
The role will include leading, managing, monitoring and evaluating development, improvement and implementation of policy and strategy in the following areas:
- Resources, Teaching and Learning, Inclusion and accommodation, Health & Safety, employer Engagement, assessment, progress and effective feedback for all students with a focus on vulnerable groups, progress tracking and communication with parents, rewards and Sanctions, targets at faculty and student level, behaviour and safety, effective teams, curriculum and grouping of students, CPD, PIP’s and appraisal processes within the faculty, quality Assurance including a team SEF (Self-Evaluation Form) and FIP (Faculty Improvement Plan) and planning”
The school is offering:
• A super supportive and highly visible SLT team and Headteacher;
• on-going CPD with programmes of study such as NPQSL and MA in Educational Leadership
• progression support throughout the school and wider group
• support package for NQT’s/RQT’s including CPD and NQT mentorship;
• the chance to take on further responsibility such as Leadership roles in the future.
The school expects:
• A UK teaching qualification such as PGCE/PGDE, SCITT, BEd or MEd with Qualified Teacher Status (QTS)
• a relevant Maths Degree or a related subject
• experience of delivering Maths up to A-level pushing and engaging learners to progress within the subject
• experience managing a department: specifically people and financial management
• a love and passion for education.
Please include REF: 1390320 in the email subject line.
Tes Recruitment Services (UK) represent Schools and Academies across the Globe, supporting them to secure a great teacher / leader for every role. If you have an up to date CV on Tes.com you can apply with one easy click! Click ‘Quick Apply’ to apply for this role today!
To learn more about this role please email firstname.lastname@example.org for an information pack which includes school name, role specifics and context.
Please feel free to call Tom Nutley on 0776 700 1965 or drop an email to email@example.com for further information. REF: 1390320
Tes Schools Recruitment
Tes is the market leader in search and selection for schools across the globe. At Tes, we’re committed to supporting and helping teachers at every stage of their career find their next job opportunity; and helping governors recruit the very best lead...