Curriculum Leader: Creative Arts
(Any specialism: Art, Music, Drama)
TLR 2C £7017
Join a leading school which prides itself on the high quality of education, enrichment and care provided to all and is committed to the wellbeing of students and staff.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an inspirational curriculum leader: Creative Arts to progress your career in a school judged by OFSTED as ‘Outstanding’ in all areas, a school where both student achievement and attitudes to learning are amongst the best in the region. We are a fantastic learning community, set in one of Yorkshire’s most scenic areas, whose facilities have recently been further enhanced by the completion of a multi-million pound refurbishment and expansion project.
This is an exciting opportunity to join and lead a dedicated team of specialists in a department where academic standards and levels of student achievement are very high. The successful candidate will be an excellent practitioner who can inspire outstanding learning and progress, and who has the ambition, creativity, determination and skills to ensure that every student enjoys an exceptional Creative Arts education.
This is a significant middle leadership role, part of the school’s Extended Leadership Team, and is an ideal opportunity for someone interested in developing their leadership potential in readiness for Senior Leadership in the near future. As Curriculum Leader, you will lead on all aspects of Creative Arts teaching and will be accountable for the progress and attainment of all students within the subject area and across the key stages. We will expect you to continue to develop a relevant, engaging and differentiated curriculum, to bring fresh ideas and have an unswerving commitment to further drive up standards. You will lead on initiatives within creative arts and will become a key player in supporting our vision to go beyond outstanding.
Ilkley Grammar School is an outstanding, vibrant 11-18 comprehensive, with over a 400 year tradition of serving the local community. We are committed to Personal Best as reflected in our Vision and Values:
“Our vision at Ilkley Grammar School is to provide an exceptional, inclusive learning experience at the heart of our community. Our students will achieve their academic personal best and will be equipped with the confidence and skills to make a positive difference to their own lives and the lives of others. We will achieve this through modelling our core values and attributes in the way we work together.”
We are the founding school of Moorlands Learning Trust and a member of the Red Kite Teaching School Alliance with a firm commitment to school to school support and developing highly effective collaborative practices.
We are looking for:
• a dedicated and passionate teacher of Creative Arts who has resilience and a strong, positive work ethic
• a commitment to providing high quality lessons to engage, challenge and inspire our students
• an individual with the ability to teach either Art, Music or Drama across the full ability range including A-level, and the willingness to offer the other subjects to Years 7 and 8 where required
• a colleague who is inspirational to staff and students and committed to sharing best practice
• a strong commitment to extra-curricular and enrichment opportunities
In return for your commitment we can offer:
• the opportunity to make a real difference
• students with ‘highly positive attitudes to learning’
• personalised CPD with a strong commitment to professional growth and developing individual career paths
• a commitment to mobile technologies with iPads issued to all teaching staff and students
• a very calm and orderly school with high expectations and an ethos of trust and care
• a committed and established staff
• very supportive leadership team, parents and Governors
• a location on the edge of Ilkley Moor in beautiful Wharfedale with good transport links to Leeds and Bradford
Closing date for applications: 8am Tuesday 2 March 2021
Provisional interview date: TBC
Ilkley Grammar School is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to the protection and safeguarding of children and young people in our recruitment procedures and in all our work across and beyond school. The school adheres to statutory guidelines in respect to safe recruitment. All persons employed by the school, in any capacity, will undergo an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check, and confirmation of employment is subject to a successful outcome. All teaching staff members recruited by the school have their eligibility to teach checked with the DfE.
Ilkley Grammar School
Ilkley, West Yorkshire
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years