we are seeking a new colleague who will share our inclusive and positive ethos.
What can we offer?
• An opportunity to live and work in the beautiful county of Dorset with excellent links to travel across and enjoy the beaches and countryside of the West Country.
• A thriving school community with extensive facilities.
• A creative and innovative culture keen to explore new ways of working to meet fresh challenges and exploit opportunities.
• A Trust wide strategy to support mental health and well-being with a ‘champion in every academy.
• The benefits of working in a highly collaborative multi-academy trust including opportunities to work with leaders in other Ambitions academies.
• Excellent personal career development – our culture is to promote from within the Trust as much as possible.
• Access to a Microsoft training package to enhance software expertise to support the outcomes of the academy and trust
• A bespoke online safeguarding package. We are looking for a Curriculum Leader of Art who:
• has a passion for their subject and the ability to make their subject come alive with inspirational and interactive lessons which challenge and support all pupils to secure the best outcomes.
• Is an excellent classroom practitioner with strong subject knowledge.
• demonstrates ambitious standards and has high expectations for all pupils ensuring that there is a robust curriculum and assessment framework underpinned by a strong extra-curricular provision.
• has a record of raising standards across key stages 3 and 4.
• Has excellent organization skills
• can drive forward strategic priorities and translate these into practical actions.
• demonstrates professionalism consistent with the Trust’s values: aspirational, collaborative, inclusive, innovative and responsible underpinned with a high degree of emotional intelligence.
Our mantra, ‘High Expectations lead to High Achievers’ applies to everyone who is involved in the academy, whatever their role and we place a strong emphasis on staff well-being.
This role can provide excellent preparation for a subsequent move to Senior Leadership which the successful candidate may be aspiring to in the next 3 to 5 years.
We are a truly comprehensive school located in the heart of our community. There are high levels of respect, support and kindness across our staff team and senior leadership.
Ambitions Academies Trust
- English secondary schools