Curriculum Leader for Drama.
Tes is currently supporting a brand new secondary school, based in Waltham Forest. The school is looking to add a Curriculum Leader to its progressive and supportive Drama Department ideally starting in April or September 2021.
The role will include teaching and coordinating the delivery of Drama across KS3 and GCSE! You will support the Performing Art's team to enhance provision and will get the chance to get involved with exciting project work throughout the year. Project work will include revising schemes of work and ensuring the curriculum is engaging to all learners alongside projects that support student attainment, well-being and engagement within the wider school. You’ll also lead by example, supporting learners to achieve to the best of their ability and you’ll enjoy that great feeling when your learners achieve grades beyond their dreams.
The Curriculum Leader for Drama will primarily support with curriculum and scheme of work review, ensuring that learners are engaged by the subject syllabus. You may also take lead on exciting provision methods such as: managing intervention groups and extended revision classes to ensure the best outcomes for pupils.
“We are a successful and oversubscribed school at an exciting stage in our development. This is a great opportunity for an enthusiastic and committed teacher to join us as Subject Leader of Drama. You will be passionate about your subject and its role in enabling young people to be the best they can be. This is a great opportunity for an outstanding practitioner to join our performing arts team. You will teach across the age and ability range and have the highest expectations of all students.
• holder of the Platinum Quality Mark for Professional Development
• holder of the Arts Mark Platinum Award • a specialist partner of UCL – Institute of Education • ‘a good school’ – OFSTED, June 2016
• active partners in the Seven Kings, Waltham Forest and Whitefields Teaching School Alliances”
The school is offering:
• A super supportive and highly visible SLT team and Headteacher;
• on-going CPD with programmes of study such as NPQML and MA in Educational Leadership
• progression support throughout the school and wider group
• support package for NQT’s/RQT’s including CPD and NQT mentorship;
• the chance to take on further responsibility such as Leadership roles in the future.
The school expects:
• A UK teaching qualification such as PGCE/PGDE, SCITT, BEd or MEd with Qualified Teacher Status (QTS)
• a relevant Drama Degree or a related subject
• experience of delivering Drama up to GCSE pushing and engaging learners to progress within the subject
• experience supporting your existing Head of Department with curriculum and scheme of work review to enhance student engagement
• a love and passion for education.
Please include REF: 1384264 in the email subject line.
Tes Recruitment Services (UK) represent Schools and Academies across the Globe, supporting them to secure a great teacher / leader for every role. If you have an up to date CV on Tes.com you can apply with one easy click! Click ‘Quick Apply’ to apply for this role today!
To learn more about this role please email email@example.com for an information pack which includes school name, role specifics and context.
Please drop an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for further information. REF: 1384264
Tes Schools Recruitment
Tes is the market leader in search and selection for schools across the globe. At Tes, we’re committed to supporting and helping teachers at every stage of their career find their next job opportunity; and helping governors recruit the very best lead...