Situated in the City of Plymouth with a beautiful coastline and Dartmoor National Park on our doorstep, Sir John Hunt is able to provide its pupils with excellent opportunities to support their learning. Our expectations, standards and outcomes for students are exceptional. If you have the same high expectations of yourself and others, we would love to hear from you.
What we are looking for:
We are looking to appoint a well-qualified, highly motivated and enthusiastic teacher to lead the EBacc team (Spanish, History, Geography, Philosophy & Ethics, IT and Business Studies). This post will be suited to an experienced teacher and we seek someone with high levels of motivation and aspiration who will rise to the challenge of being a Curriculum Leader.
The successful applicant will:
• Have a passion for teaching within an EBacc subject
• Share our vision for fostering a love of lifelong learning, both for students and teachers
• Have the ability to communicate effectively with pupils, staff and parents
• Have the ability to lead and inspire a team of EBacc teachers
• Be able to monitor and effectively track pupil progress and put in place appropriate intervention
• Have previous leadership/whole school responsibility experience within a secondary school
• An established and comprehensive induction programme
• A strong commitment to your professional development, excellent CPD and leadership development at all levels
• A supportive environment in which your enthusiasm will be encouraged, nurtured and rewarded
• A working environment focused on Teaching and Learning and raising standards for all
• A positive and stimulating school climate which values the contribution of all staff
An application form and further details can be found on the College website. www.sjhcsc.co.uk
Closing date: 9.00 Wednesday 24th October 2019
Interview: Tuesday 29th October 2019
SJH is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and all candidates are expected to share this commitment. This position is subject to a satisfactory enhanced DBS disclosure.