Curriculum Leader for Mathematics.
Tes is currently supporting a friendly and supportive secondary academy, based in Birmingham. The school is looking to add a Curriculum Lead for Mathematics to their progressive and supportive Department ideally starting in January 2022.
The role will include coordinating the delivery of Mathematics at KS3 and GCSE across year groups 7 to 11. You will support the Head of Maths to enhance provision and will get the chance to get involved with exciting project work throughout the year. Project work will include revising schemes of work and ensuring the curriculum is engaging to all learners alongside projects that support student attainment, well-being and engagement within the wider school. You’ll also lead by example, supporting learners to achieve to the best of their ability and you’ll enjoy that great feeling when your learners achieve grades beyond their dreams.
“As a Teacher of Maths, you will deliver outstanding teaching and learning which will help your students achieve excellent academic results. You will design an engaging and challenging curriculum that will inspire the pupils’ to appreciate the subject and its application. The successful applicant should be a resilient and driven individual who can work effectively in a team.
You will be responsible for planning and delivering lessons to the highest standard so pupils feel motivated and inspired by the subject. We want you to provide a nurturing classroom environment that helps the pupils grow as learners. You will contribute to developing your department and ensuring that as a team, you are committed to raising achievement.”
The school is offering:
• A super supportive and highly visible SLT team and Headteacher;
• on-going CPD with programmes of study such as NPQML and MA in Educational Leadership
• progression support throughout the school and wider group
• support package for NQT’s/RQT’s including CPD and NQT mentorship;
• the chance to take on further responsibility such as Leadership roles in the future.
The school expects:
• A UK teaching qualification such as PGCE/PGDE, SCITT, BEd or MEd with Qualified Teacher Status (QTS)
• a relevant Maths Degree or a related subject
• experience of delivering Maths at GCSE level pushing and engaging learners to progress within the subject
• experience supporting your existing Head of Department with curriculum and scheme of work review to enhance student engagement
• a love and passion for education.
Please include REF: 1486987 in the email subject line.
Tes Recruitment Services (UK) represent Schools and Academies across the Globe, supporting them to secure a great teacher / leader for every role. If you have an up to date CV on Tes.com you can apply with one easy click! Click ‘Quick Apply’ to apply for this role today!
To learn more about this role please email email@example.com for an information pack that includes the school's name, role specifics (JD/PS) and context. Please include REF: 1486987 in the email subject line.
Tes Schools Recruitment
At Tes, we’re committed to supporting schools to find top-quality candidates and supporting teachers find their next job opportunity.
Tes is the market leader in search and selection for schools across the globe. At Tes, we’re committed to supporting...