Main Pay Range/ Upper Pay Range with TLR1b (£10,442)
Full Time, Permanent
September 2021 start date
Inspire their remarkable with us
Broadlands Academy is an 11-16 learning community and proud to be part of Academies Enterprise Trust family of schools. We are a small, mixed, fully inclusive comprehensive school taking children from ages 11 to 16 and remain one of the best choices for learning in the area. For every student who attends our Academy, we aim to raise their aspirations, broaden their horizons and promote a life-long love of learning. We are situated in extensive grounds and ideally located between Bath and Bristol. We benefit from a number of links with the local community and have an excellent reputation.
The academy is currently in a very strong position with the new appointment of a driven, inspirational Headteacher. Although there's a clear roadmap and a renewed energy for improvement, we know there is more work to be done in order to become the school of choice in our local area and this is where you come in.
We are looking for an inspirational Curriculum Leader for Mathematics to join our friendly, hard-working team from September 2021. If you have an excellent track record of success and high academic achievement, we would love to hear from you.
Successful candidates will also have a unique opportunity to become a Trust wide Specialist Leader in Maths. This status will provide you with the opportunity to work offsite with the central Maths team for up to 18 days per year. Your remit within this team will be to develop a toolkit of Maths resources and deliver Trust wide Maths training that will impact over 30,000 pupils in 58 academies across the entire country.
We warmly welcome visits to Broadlands so that you can see all on offer. Please contact the Head's PA, Hannah Steer on 0117 986 4791 to arrange a time.
We passionately believe that every child can discover their own remarkable life. It’s what motivates us around here. We know this vision requires something extra. Which is why at AET, you’ll find more. More opportunities, so you can forge your own path. More care and support, so you can prioritise what matters most. More purpose, for you and for the children we’re inspiring.
- More opportunity to grow your career - We’ll support you in developing your career and experience at this school or another AET school.
- More tailored support - We understand every academy is unique. We’ll give you tailored support and flexibility, allowing you to do what’s best for your children.
- More chance to see what’s out there - We create opportunities for teachers to visit other AET academies and learn from outside experience.
- More like minded colleagues, so you can benefit from others’ experience - You’re connected to our network of 58 academies and thousands of education professionals.
- More technology so you can make more impact - G Suite for Education embedded throughout. Collaborative cloud technology gives you access to the latest tools, when and where it suits you. More tech enabled classrooms mean less time spent on admin and more time teaching.
- More time - We strive to minimise unnecessary distractions so you can have energy for your job, and your life.
Closing date: Monday 24 May 2021
Interviews will take place shortly after the closing date.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response. All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application.
In line with our safeguarding practices we are unable to accept CV’s. Come inspire their remarkable with us, apply today.
We are committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate will be required for all posts. This post will be subject to enhanced checks as part of our Prevent Duty.
Academies Enterprise Trust embraces diversity and promotes equality of opportunity. Job share, part time and flexible working opportunities will be considered.
We are a Disability Confident Employer and there is a guaranteed interview scheme for candidates with disabilities who meet the minimum selection criteria.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Linkedin. Further details can be found on our careers page.
AET is recruiting for School Direct placements. Please visit our website https://sites.google.com/aetinet.org/academies-enterprise-trust/work-at-aet/initial-teacher-training for further details.
Bath and North East Somerset
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 16 years
**Please scroll to the bottom of this page to view our live vacancies**
Broadlands Academy opened on 1 December 2012 and is sponsored by Academies Enterprise Trust. Our Principal, James Hall, took up post on 1 January 2017. P...