In November 2019 Newcastle and Stafford Colleges Group (NSCG) became the first further education provider in England to achieve outstanding grades in every area of Ofsted’s recently reformed Education Inspection Framework (EIF).
The inspection report praised all areas of the College’s provision and acknowledged NSCG’s ‘positive, stimulating and safe learning environment’, ‘highly motivated staff’, and ‘learners’ exemplary behaviour and attitudes to learning’. It also highlighted the fantastic partnerships the College has with industry.
To read the full Ofsted report for Newcastle and Stafford Colleges Group, please visit the Ofsted Government website, select Find an Inspection Report and search for Newcastle and Stafford Colleges Group.
The group is currently home to a population of over 5,000 full-time students and around 500 students on higher education programmes. We have over 4,000 part-time or adult learners and 2,000 apprentices where we work with over 800 individual employers. Our Sixth Form provision has a reputation for high academic achievement and excellence.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, suitably qualified individual who will play a crucial role in realising the department’s strategic objectives. You will be an inspiring lecturer with a background in delivering Maths and the ability to deliver varied, high quality and imaginative sessions and have a record of good achievement rates. We are looking for a Curriculum Leader who not only has the ability to lead and co-ordinate Maths courses but also has the creativity and vision to promote Maths on a wider scale throughout the whole faculty.
You will need to demonstrate an understanding and sensitivity towards a variety of learner needs and support the delivery team with a range of innovative teaching approaches to enable learners to reach their full potential.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Deliver a flexible and innovative curriculum that is responsive to feedback from current learners and anticipates likely changes in demand from future learners.
- To deliver excellent teaching, learning and assessment processes. A proportion of which maybe remote teaching, learning and assessment via appropriate platforms where required.
- Undertake the day-to-day co-ordination of staff within the course team so that the College can achieve its overall objective of being excellent in all areas.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Teaching qualification (PGCE or DTTLS).
- A proven record of delivering teaching and learning to a consistently high standard.
- Able to communicate effectively with students and peers.
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of current teaching practice within the curriculum area.
- Experience of delivering dynamic and interactive remote learning via online platforms such as MS Teams and Zoom.
What’s in it for you?
- The college offers and excellent benefits package which includes:
- Teachers’ Pension Scheme
- Excellent Training and Development Opportunities
- 37 Days annual Leave (plus bank holidays and a 2 week Christmas closure period)
How to apply
To apply for the role of Curriculum Leader in GCSE & Functional Skills Maths, please click ‘Apply Now’ to complete an online application form. (If you are applying via a jobs board, you will receive an e-mail and link that will take you directly to our application form on the Newcastle & Stafford Colleges Group website).
The closing date for completed applications is 18th April 2021 with interviews to take place on w/c 26th April 2021.
This college is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All college based positions are subject to enhanced DBS check and are exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act.
As an equal opportunities employer, we welcome applications from all sectors of the community.
NSCG - Newcastle Campus
- Further Education
- Students of mixed gender, age 16+ years