Tes are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and inspirational Curriculum Leader of Social Sciences on a full-time permanent basis from September 2021.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a 'Good' and innovative Academy for pupils aged 11 to 18. It is a comprehensive, co-educational, non-denominational, fully inclusive and an active member of the Camden family of schools.
“The school’s work to promote pupils’ personal development and welfare is outstanding”- (OFSTED 2016).
The Academy is an exciting place for young people to learn and develop as individuals. It offers a high quality, broad and balanced curriculum which is appropriate for pupils of all abilities, irrespective of their gender, ethnicity, social background or faith. Most importantly, it provides an environment in which all pupils are supported to achieve their full potential, and to contribute positively to the community in which they live. The Academy strives for excellence in teaching and learning across the curriculum; develop strong specialisms in mathematics, science and, with a focus on modern foreign languages, provide an education which prepares pupils for "global citizenship".
The Social Science team (Business, Economics, Sociology and Psychology) plan and teach a curriculum that is both inspiring and engaging. The fast growing department is passionate about making learning relevant for students and to prepare them for the challenges of the 21st century. The department aim to further enrich students with practical and real-life context activities, including an annual visit to the Houses of Parliament, trips to Berlin and extra-curricular activities including Model UN.
Social Science is valued highly at the school, and the post holder will be committed to raising standards at all levels; delivering excellent lessons and enthusing pupils through their passion for subject. The successful candidate will manage and oversee the social science team, whilst bringing enthusiasm, meticulous standards and a commitment to achieving the highest levels of academic success.
Meaningful experience and willingness to teach economics is required for this role as the post holder will be expected to teach this subject. A strong record of success in teaching A level across the ability range is essential, however the experience of teaching GCSE Economics is desirable. Strong knowledge of the changing global economic landscape, especially on topics such as global trade, the impact of the rise of emerging economies, and how governments respond to crises is required.
The Successful Candidate:
- UK QTS and relevant degree;
- Great leadership and motivational qualities;
- Very high expectations of students irrespective of their past attainment;
- A strong passion for not just teaching Economics but also exposing students to experiences beyond the classroom;
- High expectations to set and deliver high standards and command credibility through expertise and a desire to regularly update the curriculum to ensure it reflects contemporary events and government policy;
- Innovative Curriculum and pedagogical development within Social Science and the ability to develop an exciting and creative cross-disciplinary teaching and learning in all levels.
The School Offers:
- State-of-the-art classroom technology – including their unique Superstudios, subject specialism suites and demonstration; theatres for interactive teaching talks by visiting academics;
- Unlimited access to opportunities for self-development and intensive weekly Continuing Professional Learning;
- A whole school wellbeing strategy;
- Suitable IT equipment for all teaching and support staff;
- A generous health care plan, including reimbursement for optical, dental, physiotherapy and a range of other areas, 24/7 GP access, free counselling and discounted membership at over 2,000 gyms nationwide;
- Cycle to Work scheme with ample space for bike storage;
- Transport for London Season ticket loans available upon request.
Don't miss out on this fantastic opportunity and 'Quick Apply' below! For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org REF KR 1384200
Tes Recruitment Services (UK) represent Schools and Academies across the Globe, supporting them to secure a great teacher / leader for every role.
Tes Schools Recruitment
Tes is the market leader in search and selection for schools across the globe. At Tes, we’re committed to supporting and helping teachers at every stage of their career find their next job opportunity; and helping governors recruit the very best lead...