Curriculum Leader – Preparation for Life
Salary: £36,238 per annum (pro rata)
Closing Date: Wednesday 28th August 2019
Interview Date: Friday 6th September 2019
Lancashire Adult Learning, part of Nelson and Colne College (Ofsted Outstanding) Adult Learning provision, are looking for a talented and student focused Curriculum Leader – Preparation for Life to join their enthusiastic team on a full-time, permanent basis working 35 hours per week.
Lancashire Adult Learning (LAL) merged with Nelson and Colne College in 2016 and is an adult education college providing opportunities for individuals to learn, develop, work and prosper at all stages of life. The college is focused on making Lancashire a place where everyone matters; a place where everyone can enjoy equal and quality life chances, and be respected in their communities. With a fantastic benefits package including a generous occupational pension scheme and access to continued professional development, the role will really allow the successful candidate to make a difference, ensuring that the provision of our Preparation for Life offer remains outstanding.
The role of Curriculum Leader – Preparation for Life will be to lead the team delivering courses in Preparation for Life as well as have the ability and skill to drive the Curriculum area. Preparation for Life includes functional skills English, Maths, ESOL and ICT/ Digital Skills. The post holder will be one of two curriculum leaders in this department and will be expected to look after two areas from the four areas covered depending on specific skills and experience, excluding ESOL.
The successful candidate will focus on embracing the college ethos that every learner will achieve their full potential and positively represent the college both internally and externally at all times.
Main duties include:
• Ensure the areas of teaching and learning are of outstanding quality
• Take responsibility for achieving the section’s targets in retention, attendance, achievements, high grades, added value and student satisfaction
• Ensure professional development activities are appropriately planned for the team
• Conduct staff reviews
• Teach up to a maximum of 330 hours annually, modelling outstanding practice
The ideal candidate will have:
• Relevant degree level or appropriate professional qualification
• Recognised teaching qualification
• Successful teaching experience in a relevant subject area
• Ability and skill to successful drive the overall Curriculum area
• Experience of providing an outstanding teaching, learning and assessment experience
How to apply:
If you’re interested in this post and would like to find out more, please visit our website and complete an online application form.
Please note: All of our posts are subject to an enhanced DBS check due to working with vulnerable adults and children. Should you wish to discuss this further, please get in touch with the HR team.