Curriculum Support IT Technician
Reference Number: SCC171892
Salary: Starting salary £16,113 per annum with incremental progression to £17,790 (a pro-rata of £17,294 - £19.094)
Advert Closing Date: 22nd April 2018
Interview Date: w/c 30th April 2018
Location: FutureSkills@ MediaCityUK, Salford College of Further Education
Contract Type: Permanent/Term Time Only + 2
Hours per Week: 37
We have an opportunity for a motivated individual to join our team. We are looking to fill a term time + two weeks position of 37 hours per week.
The role will involve supporting students, teachers and business functions. This involves Windows 10 desktops, AV Equipment, Active Directory, Printers and networking equipment.
Excellent problem solving skills, customer relations and ability to work independently are required.
Applicants must have a full driving licence and preferably have access to a vehicle, a mileage allowance will be provided.
Ideally, applicants should have at least 1 year experience in a similar role and have the following:
•Experience troubleshooting Windows Desktop Environments with Active Directory
•Office 365 experience an advantage
•Network setup and troubleshooting skills essential
•Good knowledge and experience of Virtualisation Technologies
•Excellent problem solving skills essential
•Excellent customer relation skills essential
•Excellent general PC repair knowledge essential
•Experience with AV equipment an advantage
To apply for this job, please complete the registration and online application form via our website.
For more information please visit our website and twitter or if you have any queries regarding this vacancy please email HR@salfordcc.ac.uk
Reasons to Join Us
· Great holiday entitlement, Sixth Form College Association terms and conditions and automatic enrolment into the generous pension scheme
· A wide range of learning & career opportunities
· MyTech, Childcare, cycle to work & other voucher schemes
· Various health & wellbeing benefits (including discounted gym membership)
· We support the Skills for Life agenda and recognise the importance of all adults having functional literacy and numeracy whatever their role. All staff are therefore given the support to gain a level 2 qualification in literacy and / or numeracy if they do not already have one and all teaching staff are expected to promote the basic skills of their learners within their subjects.
Commitment to Safeguarding As part of our safeguarding commitment we undertake DBS checks as part of our pre-employment procedures on all potential new employees. Appointees will be required to pay for their own DBS checks where applicable to the post.