Inspire the next generation of leaders at Harris Garrard Academy.
We are currently looking to appoint a Data Manager to join us at our thriving academy.
About Harris Garrard Academy
Harris Garrard Academy is a new school with drive and ambition. Located in the wider South Thamesmead area, we cater to a vastly vibrant 3-19 aged student community. Accessible by fantastic rail and bus transport links, the academy’s stunning working environment is within a purpose-built school designed by Norman Foster and nominated for the Stirling Prize for architecture in 2004.
Dedicated to moving forward
Our vision is clear: nothing is impossible and everything is possible, irrespective of personal characteristics or background. Every problem has a solution. We believe we are more robust, resilient and determined as a team than as a group of individuals. We support, challenge and hold each other to account at all levels within the academy to ensure that our students achieve their potential, are motivated, engaged and fully prepared for life beyond our academy.
As one of Harris’s successful all-through academies, staff at all levels belong to a strong, cohesive team working with Executive Principal Chris Everett and the wider SLT team. Staff can expect to grow with us as we continue to innovate and evolve as an academy. With ample opportunity to build on CPD, your potential is limitless with us.
Main Areas of Responsibility
The Data Manager will lead on all aspects of data collection, analysis, evaluation, statutory compliance, accuracy and dissemination to ensure accurate planning of teaching and learning and assessment of pupil progress.
Your strategic responsibilities will include:
- The vision and strategic direction of using data effectively, reliably and to improve the operating performance of the academy
- Designing and implementing new operating, collection and design systems to meet new accountability measures
- Ensuring we are always OFSTED ready at every point in the Academy year and that data presented reflects positive progress
- Designing, implementing and evaluating the Academy timetable on an annual basis
- Leading on the Academy options system and maintain an effective system that produces live data during the options process
- All data analysis templates for all live data in the Academy that enable staff to identify key trends and gaps
- Devising and managing a system that links and pulls all statutory data for staff that are going on trips
- Designing and leading on all tracking in the Academy and overseeing the behaviour management system
- Leading on all parental reporting, access and security via online reporting
- Leading a monthly data forum with staff on how we can develop the use of data in the academy
- Being the direct data line manager for all Directors and SLT regarding all data aspects within the Academy, involving 16 staff
Qualifications & Experience
- Educated to an appropriate level of education
- Trained in the use of a variety of ICT packages
- Knowledge of school software packages
- Training in development of school image and promotion of community use
- At least a year working in school or educational establishment;
- Working in an inner city school
- Experience of successfully organising and managing Academy events e.g. open evenings
- Experience of managing a team of admin staff
- Experience of working to targets and deadlines
- Developing admin policies process and procedures
- Ability to communicate well both orally and in writing
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Ability to communicate exceptionally well with parents and carers as well as other stakeholders in the Academy
- Ability to manage own workload and on own initiatives
- Ability to develop quality control systems
- Ability to develop and maintain good relationships with a wide range of people, from parents, governors, pupils to outside agencies
- Commitment to promoting equality and diversity
- Empathy with the aims and objectives of the Harris Federation
If you have any questions about this opportunity, please contact us via e-mail, or call to arrange a conversation.
Before applying, please download the Job Pack for full details on the job responsibilities and person specification. You will need this when completing your application.
Please note: we may hold interviews as and when applications are received and we reserve the right to offer to a candidate prior to the closing date. We only accept applications submitted online via our careers website and which are completed before the closing deadline. With this in mind, we encourage you to apply as soon as possible and advise you check the job information as per the listing on our careers site.
Professional Development & Benefits
Our people are at the heart of our success. We have developed a strong culture of collaboration and best practice, with professional development and career planning at its centre. We invest in our staff with support, coaching, mentoring, and a wide range of top-quality training programmes delivered at every level to senior leadership.
We look for talented individuals who share our vision for creating exceptional places of learning, and are committed to ensuring that every child in London has access to the best possible education.
In addition to the opportunities for career progression, training and development, we also offer a competitive rewards and benefits package which includes our Harris Allowance, a Performance and Loyalty Bonus, Pension Scheme, a Wellbeing Cash Plan and many other benefits.
The Harris Federation and all our academies are committed to ensuring the highest levels of safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and we expect all our staff and volunteers to share in this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check, references, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check will be completed for all applicants. Before applying, please review our Policy Statement on the Recruitment of Ex-Offenders.
The Harris Federation is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified candidates.
As a provider of employment and education, we value the diversity of our staff and students, and all our staff are equally valued and respected. We are committed to providing a fair, equitable and mutually supportive learning and working environment for our students and staff.
Harris Garrard Academy
- Mainstream school with state - studio school funding
- All-through with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 3 - 19 years