Salary up to £40,000 per annum depending on experience
This challenging, permanent, full-time role is a key function of the IT support team, whose aim is to ensure that The Leys remains at the cutting edge of IT provision within education. The main purpose of the role is to manage the School’s data and information systems, provide training and support for users of these systems, and to provide business intelligence services to the School community.
The role. Responsibilities include:
· Implementation, maintenance, upgrading and ongoing management of all databases and information systems used at the School.
· Installation, maintenance, updating and upgrading of user-facing third-party information systems. Liaison with suppliers and users of these systems.
· Technical evaluation, recommendation, implementation and support of new third-party information systems; acting as vendor contact where required.
· Provision of business intelligence and construction of custom reports.
· Management of the Leys’ academic Management Information System (iSAMS).
· Providing expert advice on Data Protection.
The Candidate. Experience required:
· Good knowledge of SQL database administration and development.
· Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server, SQL & SSRS.
· Experience of database integration, and administration of interfaces.
· Experience of managing security on database systems with web front-ends.
· Experience of supporting Management Information systems.
We require someone with highly effective communication skills at all levels on technical issues. You will need an enthusiastic approach to learning new technologies and helping others.
Relevant training is provided.
Benefits include 33 days paid holiday (inclusive of 8 bank holidays); free meals whilst on duty in term time; contributory pension scheme; use of the Leys Leisure facilities; on-site parking is available.
Hours are 37.5/week Monday-Friday with around 5 Saturday morning shifts a year, providing general IT support to the community during lessons, rewarded as lieu time.
The Leys is a thriving school with a particularly friendly and supportive staff and pupil community. This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
The closing date for completed applications is midday on Tuesday 11th December 2018.
For an application form please see our website www.theleys.net, call 01223 508900 or email: email@example.com
An enhanced DBS check and workplace references will be required. A probationary period will apply.
Evidence of eligibility to work in the UK required as applicable. Charity no: 1144035. This school welcomes diversity