THE JOHN FISHER SCHOOL
Contracted Hours - 36 per week
52 week contract
Salary – Scale 4/5 Point 18 - 25
Hours – 8.00 am to 4.00 pm (lunch 50 mins)
Line Manager: Raising Standards Leader
• Plan and manage School Data in line with GDPR requirements.
• Liaise with the Senior Leadership Team on issues relating to data management and ensure that data tasks are completed according to agreed deadlines.
• To prepare mid-term and end-of-year school pupil reports.
• To prepare and produce termly School Census reports.
• To assist in the school timetable production/creation processes.
• To maintain pupil timetables under the supervision of the Assistant Headteacher to include set changes and annual roll over.
Data Management, Assessment & Reporting
• Monitor the assessment and reporting data, monitor staff input and report any problems with deadlines to the Raising Standards Leader.
• Prepare electronic systems for staff to input pupil assessment data.
• Prepare, publish and collate pupil assessment outcomes in preparation for distribution to parents/carers.
• Keep the electronic reporting system up to date and ensure subject, pupil and teaching.
• Publish, collate and prepare pupil reports ready for distribution to parents via pastoral groups.
• Ensure assessment information is regularly checked and any changes made without delay.
• Prepare data, as requested by teaching staff and senior managers in a format that is easily accessible.
• Assist the Gifted and Talented Co-ordinator to keep the More Able Pupils register up-to-date to include any in year admissions information.
• Maintain records of all internal and external examination results and one that compares outcomes to target grades.
• Liaise with Examinations Officer on all matters related to examination process which impact on SIMs processes.
• Assist the Senior Leadership Team in the analysis of school data eg examination results, SATS and CATs outcomes, LA and DfE data, and provide senior managers, curriculum co-ordinators and others with evaluations of a school, local and national basis.
• Develop functional expertise and project management experience to shape the use of data within the school. This will include use of CATs, ASP and Fischer Family Trust.
• Manage and maintain all 4Matrix data systems for SLT and Subject Leaders analysis.
• Prepare data and analysis for use by the Governing Body.
• Ensure that Examination summaries are available for school publications and upload to the school website.
• Ensure that appropriate staff are informed of changes to timetable, pupil data, set changes.
• Manage the accurate input and timely retrieval of pupil data to include intake and transfer data and class lists.
• Assist the Assistant Headteacher (Inclusion and Access) to keep the SEN register up to date and provide regular reports as needed.
• Be responsible for up-dating staff and pupil timetables and highlight changes to appropriate managers.
• Provide efficient administration and management of the wide range of data as supplied to, and used by the School.
• Prepare for the Pupil Lead Annual School Census for DFE and LA records.
• Ensure that Sixth Form course data is up to date and accurate in order that the information is correct for the School census.
• Ensure that destination information is returned.
• Assist in the key administration tasks related to the school timetable.
• Ensure that all timetable information is validated, up to date and accurate throughout the year.
• Set up new timetable structures in liaison with the Senior Leadership Team and with regard to all curriculum developments.
• Assist with all data aspects of the construction of the annual timetable ensuring that the scheduling process is achieved to the highest possible standard.
• Responsibility for all end-of-year routines and processes.
• Manage the data from the Senior Leadership Team and Subject Leaders with regards to additional or special requirements.
• Liaise with Assistant Headteacher regarding Option administration at KS4 & KS5 ensuring that structures and data are correct.
• Produce absence statistics as required by the Senior Leadership Team & Governing Body.
To undertake any other duties commensurate with the post as may be required by the Headteacher.
Continuing Professional Development
• In conjunction with the line manager, take responsibility for personal professional development, keeping up to date with changes to the procedures on managing pupil data records, and attend training to support improvements in efficiency and effectiveness of data management.
• Undertake any necessary professional development as identified in the School Improvement Plan taking full advantage of any relevant training and development available eg courses on the use of the School’s current data system and those that investigate new initiatives for use of data, eg Pupil Tracking Systems
• Maintain a professional portfolio of evidence to support the Performance Management process – evaluating and improving own practice.