Zero Hour Contract
Westminster School seeks a highly-motivated, well-qualified debating coach to assist with the running of our Lower School’s Debating Society.
The pupils are developing at an impressive rate and have successfully participated in prominent competitions in recent years. The selected candidate will be responsible for running sessions once a week, as well as accompanying pupils to competitions.
The key responsibilities of the Debating Coach will include:
- Running weekly sessions for the Lower School’s (Years 7-10) Debating Society from 4.30pm to 5.30pm
- Booking competitions and accompanying teams if required
- Liaising with the Master-in-Charge of Debating to discuss training
- Liaising with the Upper School’s Debating coach to strengthen relations between Upper and Lower School debating
- Suggesting and initiating additional debating projects, including in-house competitions and show debates
Westminster is one of the UK’s leading academic institutions and is the only ancient London school to occupy its original site. Situated close to Parliament and Westminster Abbey, together with the stimulating diversity of the South Bank and West End, the School has a special atmosphere.
For further information and to apply please click the apply button.
Closing date for applications: 12.00pm, Monday 20 September 2021.
We reserve the right to interview and appoint prior to the closing date for applications, so an early application is encouraged.
Westminster School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service.
The School is a Registered Charity (no 312728).
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- Secondary with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 13 - 18 years
By any measure Westminster School is one of the foremost centres of academic excellence in the country, but its commitment to the academic life does not make it a ‘hothouse’ for passing examinations. Pupils’ success at examinations and entry to leadi...