We are looking for a Deputy Manager for our Breakfast and Afterschool Provision.
Chestnut Park School
Chestnut Park Primary school opened in September 2015 and, since opening, we have a lot of achievements to celebrate, we are an 'Outstanding' school. Our school boasts state of the art technology in a modern, purpose built school. With a new team of staff, we are excited by the opportunity to provide a relevant, irresistible curriculum which promotes a love of learning and secures the highest standard for every child. At Chestnut Park Primary School, we believe in working with the local community to ensure school is a place 'where children grow, learn and flourish together'. This ethos is embedded within our vision, values and aims.
We now require a Deputy Manager, for our Breakfast and Afterschool provision, to work in close partnership with our Breakfast and After School Club Manager continuing to provide a warm, welcoming and successful out of school care facility. This will include the day to day running of the provision in the Manager's absence, including the administrative side of the club, invoicing and reviewing policies and planning fun , challenging inclusive activities for all the children. The role includes developing positive relationships with Parent/Carer's, children and staff.
Working hours are: 7.30am-9am and 2.45pm-6pm ( hours) with additional 1.15 hours for planning, total weekly hours 30, Mon-Fri, Term-Time only
Why work at Chestnut Park
- The support of GLF Schools and the opportunity to be part of an inspirational, growing and dynamic organisation
- An exciting opportunity to support the development of our Breakfast and Afterschool club
- A chance to work in a diverse, inclusive, vibrant and fast growing community with excellent transport links
- A brand new, purpose-built school to aid the delivery of your role
- A supportive Senior management and wider staff body within GLF schools
- Recognition of previous school continuous service
- Excellent CPD opportunities and career progression
- A competitive pension scheme
What are we looking for:
- Able to remain professional when handling confidential material.
- An excellent communicator that is comfortable dealing with both children and adults.
- Experienced in working with children aged 4 years to 11 years inclusively.
- Aware of the importance of confidentiality and safeguarding of children
- Able to plan and support fun, challenging play activities.
- Proven experience of providing high standards of primary aged childcare
- Committed to and a strong belief in teamwork
- Able to lead challenge and motivate children and staff
- Committed to working with children and the wider community
To arrange a conversation to discuss the role in more detail, please contact Valerie Gallagher at Chestnut Park School.
Salary: Associate 3, point 1, salary range £20,500 to £24,050 Pro rata : £14,696 to £17,241
We reserve the right to withdraw this vacancy at any time ahead of the closing date if there is a good level of response. Therefore, we would recommend that you submit your application as early as possible. Please be advised that references may be requested on receipt of your application. Please state if you wish this to be delayed until shortlisting/interviews have taken place.
Chestnut Park Primary School
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Primary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 4 - 8 years
We are a new three form entry primary school which opened its doors to reception children for the first time in September 2015. Each year the school will increase its age range, adding an additional year group until it is an all throug...