Classroom in the Heart of Industry (CHI)
Due to the expansion of the CHI programme an exciting opportunity exists to appoint a Deputy CHI Lead to work closely with the Director of CHI, delivering a unique programme for young people with learning difficulties.
The programme is designed to enhance students’ employability prospects by providing a blend of intensive ‘classroom’ based learning and accreditation plus purposeful, on-the-job training and work shadowing.
The CHI project supports students with a variety of additional learning difficulties who are based at the Marsham Court Hotel, Tesco Riverside, and Citygate building in Bournemouth, with the possibility of additional sites in the future. Students also participate in work placements in a variety of other businesses where they need further development and training.
The successful candidate will:
- Be an outstanding leader and be able to motivate, challenge and inspire staff and students through excellent interpersonal skills.
- Have strong strategic vision and direction and be integral to CHI’s continued growth, progress and success.
- Have passion, vision and determination to inspire the teaching and support staff to deliver the highest levels of learning to meet the young people’s SEND.
- Be passionate about improving the life chances for all our students.
- Be able to work in partnership with the Director of CHI, Executive Headteacher, SLT and the Governing Board to continue raising standards through a shared vision.
A genuine occupational requirement exists for the successful applicant to hold a full driving licence and hold business insurance for this purpose.
If you would like further information about the role, please speak to Karen Taylor, Director of CHI on 07599 563618 and visit the CHI website chi4training.co.uk
Application forms and further details can be accessed via: www.jobsatbournemouth.com from Friday 9th November 2018. All applications must be submitted electronically.
If you have any queries over the application process, please contact Wendy Perry, HR Manager - email@example.com
Closing date: Sunday 25th November 2018.
Interviews will take place Thursday 13th December 2018.
Our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and the successful applicant will be required to have an enhanced DBS check.
Offers of employment are also subject to satisfactory references and health check.