Deputy Curriculum Leader Maths
Oasis Academy Silvertown
- Main/ Upper Payscale plus TLR 2A
- Job type:
- Full Time, Permanent
- Start date:
- 01st September 2018
- Apply by:
- 20 February 2018
Oasis Academy Silvertown is a successful secondary academy in the Royal Docks area of East London. Oasis Silvertown received its first Ofsted Inspection in May 2017 and were delighted to be awarded “good” with 3 “outstanding” judgements for Leadership and Management, Personal Development, Behaviour, Welfare and Student Outcomes. We have an ambitious mission statement for all our students: Ready for University. Ready to Lead. Our mission is underpinned by our core values, which staff and students hold: Be proud, be professional, be nice, be independent, and be resilient. We are seeking an exceptional leader with untiring dedication, positivity and initiative to assist in the further development and growth of our Academy.
This is an exciting opportunity to become part of a high performing team who are passionately committed to securing the best possible life chances for the young people of Silvertown. This role will require huge amounts of resilience, perseverance for the long haul and a constant drive for innovative excellence. However, this is also a role that will be incredibly rewarding and will offer exciting progression for the future.
Reasons to work at Oasis Academy Silvertown:
- Silvertown has a fantastic personal development programme for teachers at all levels. All our training is tailored to individual needs and not just a ‘one size fits all’ model.
- The Silvertown culture is supportive, friendly and we encourage staff at all levels to share good practice and ideas. We strongly believe that teaching is a truly great creative profession.
- Our students want to learn and be part of a community they take great pride in and take responsibility for pioneering change.
- We are an Academy that feels our students should be exposed to as wide a variety of cultures and experiences as possible. As a teacher, you will have the opportunity to join them in this journey.
Please download and complete the application form below for this role. To find out why we’re so proud of Oasis Academy Silvertown, visit our website now at www.oasisacademysilvertown.org.
Oasis Academy Silvertown is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All staff and volunteers must share this commitment.
Oasis is committed to making a difference to the lives of the communities it works in, and as such you must show a willingness to demonstrate commitment to the values and behaviours, which flow from the Oasis ethos. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. We expect all staff to share this commitment and to undergo appropriate checks, including enhanced DBS checks.
About Oasis Academy Silvertown
- Oasis Academy Silvertown
- 303 North Woolwich Road, London
- E16 2BB
- United Kingdom
About our Academy
We are delighted you are thinking of joining Oasis Academy Silvertown.
Oasis Academy Silvertown is a successful, oversubscribed inclusive secondary academy in the Royal Docks area of East London. Oasis Silvertown received its first Ofsted Inspection in May 2017 and were delighted to be awarded “good” with 3 “outstanding” judgements for Leadership and Management, Personal Development, Behaviour, Welfare and Student Outcomes. We received an ungraded visit in September 2022 and are delighted to remain “good” with an excellent report. We have an ambitious mission statement for all our students: Ready for University. Ready to Lead. Our mission is underpinned by our core values, which staff and students hold: Be proud, be professional, be nice, be independent, and be resilient.
We moved into our state-of-the-art building in September 2022 and are delighted to be in our permanent home in the heart of the West Silvertown community.
As part of the Oasis ethos, we are driven by a passion to transform the lives of our students. Therefore we pledge to develop our students academically, creatively, socially, physically, emotionally and morally, whilst helping them build the confidence to flourish through independence. Moreover it is our vision as a school to prepare our students for the next stages in their lives through focusing on 5 key principals:
What we give our staff:
- Strong CPD opportunities in school, within the Oasis family and through external training
- A supportive and highly visible Leadership Team
- Well-being Initiatives
- Opportunities for career progression as a growing school
- Opportunities to take on more responsibility within the Academy and within the wider Oasis, such as the National Lead Practitioner roles
- Invitations to national, regional and specialist conferences
- Support through Regional Improvement Networks
Being part of the Oasis family academies means you will have a supportive network around you who will help you in achieving your full potential.
Apply today and become part of something special. Become part of Oasis Academy Silvertown.
"Ready for University. Ready to Lead"
Please note that you are wholly responsible for fact checking in respect of the information provided by schools. Please also check for the latest visa and work permit requirements that may apply. Tes is not responsible for the content of advertisements or the policies adopted by advertising schools. Tes asks that all schools follow Tes' Fair Recruitment Policy.