TLR1a (£7,853) in 2019/20 (see job description)
Contract: Full-time, Permanent
Start Date: September 2019
Thomas Tallis is a flourishing and popular school situated in the Royal Borough of Greenwich. We currently have over 1900 pupils on the school roll with over 550 students in our highly competitive sixth form. We strive for excellence in all that we do underpinned by our four core values of creativity, community, engagement and challenge.
We wish to appoint a well-qualified DCL for Business and ICT to join a well-established, well-resourced and successful faculty. The post will involve teaching across Key Stages 3 to 5.
In 2019-20, the successful candidate will also be acting up into the Curriculum Leader post for two days per week, so this post is an excellent opportunity and particularly suitable for an ambitious teacher seeking promotion.
We are looking for someone who:
• is passionate about business studies with the ability to inspire students
• can demonstrate excellent teaching and classroom management skills
• has the ability to build good relationships with all students and adults
• has a commitment to developing curriculum activities within the business and ICT faculty
We can offer you:
• children and young people who are happy to learn and progress
• staff who are supportive, committed to their own professional development and to improving outcomes for the students here
• an excellent physical environment with new facilities and infrastructure
• a school with humane management principles committed to your professional development
If you would like to join a thriving and successful school and are passionate about providing young people with a safe, supportive environment in which to ensure their success, then we want to hear from you.
Download an application pack from the school’s website or you can request one by contacting the HR Department via e-mail: HR@thomastallis.org.uk. Application forms can also be returned to HR via email.
Application closing date: 23 April 2019
Interview and lesson observation: w/c 29 April 2019
Thomas Tallis School is committed to the safeguarding and welfare of young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. Our commitment is underpinned by robust processes and procedures that seek to minimise risk and continuously promote a culture of safeguarding amongst our workforce. All posts within the school are subject to an enhanced DBS check. We welcome applications from all sections of the community, regardless of gender, race, religion, disability, sexual orientation or age.