Spencer Academies Trust
Deputy Director for the Derby Research School
L2 – L8, on a 5 point scale, based on experience
Full time (fixed term contract up to Aug 2023 aligned with the current Research School Contract)
Reporting to Derby Research School Director
Department/Team: Spencer Alliance for Leadership and Teaching at Spencer Academies Trust
Are you somebody who is passionate about communicating educational research for school staff? Able to confidently deliver high quality training and continuous professional development for education professionals locally, regionally and nationally through the Research Schools Network? Confident with guidance around the effective implementation of evidence-informed approaches to teaching and learning? Do you want to join a forward-thinking family of schools with innovative approaches to learning at its heart?
We are recruiting a Deputy Director for the Derby Research School Lead on a fixed term contract starting as soon as possible. The contract is aligned with the funding with the Derby Research School with the Research School Network, and if funding is extended, the role will align with any new arrangements.
We are looking for someone who:
- Is able to work with the Research School Director and help schools to better understand the role evidence can play in school improvement
- Will support the Educational Endowment Foundation (EEF) Regional Lead for the East Midlands in their scale-up work across the region, acting as a delivery partner for the EEF
- Can increase engagement with evidence-informed approaches to high-quality teaching and learning
- Can deliver training programmes to support teachers and leaders bring evidence to life in a variety of school settings and contexts
- Is able to collaborate with other external education partners regionally and nationally
- Will monitor activity and evaluate the impact of the Research School’s work
- Is an excellent classroom practitioner and team player
This is a key leadership position for a colleague from either a secondary or primary setting and involves working strategically with schools and MATs across the region, collaborating with Local Authorities and other providers and coordinating with the other arms of delivery in the Spencer Alliance for Leadership and Teaching: George Spencer SCITT, Maths Hub East Midlands West, Spencer Apprenticeship Programmes and George Spencer NPQ Provider.
The Derby Research School has been a member of the Research School Network since 2016. During this time we have supported the Opportunity Area with a range of leadership programmes. We have a proven track record of developing our staff through evidence-informed practice and engagement with research. Our lead schools, Wyndham Primary Academy and George Spencer Academy both are OFSTED rate ‘Outstanding’ and represent the breadth of our footprint – working across Derby, Derbyshire, Nottingham and Nottinghamshire.
If you would like to find out more about working with us, then please book a Zoom call with Tammy Elward, the Director of the Research School via Helen Froome, our Research School Administrator - email@example.com
To apply, please visit our website: www.satrust.com/vacancies or click on the 'apply now' link.
Deadline for applications: 12pm Wednesday 3rd February 2021
Interviews: 9th – 12th February 2021
Spencer Academies Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all our students and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment. All posts are subject to enhanced DBS checks and completion of Level 2 safeguarding training.
Spencer Academies Trust
- English secondary schools