The Trustees of George Dixon Academy are seeking to appoint an outstanding Design & Technology teacher and aspiring leader as Deputy Director of the Creative Arts Faculty from September 2021.
The Creative Arts Faculty is passionate about teaching and instilling in students a love of their subjects.
We can offer you an opportunity to develop and embed Design and Technology across all Key Stages.
The successful candidate will:
- raise achievement through motivating, challenging and inspiring our students;
- grow the profile of the Creative Arts Faculty across the Academy;
- be ambitious and have leadership aspirations;
- develop the curriculum offer of Design and Technology for all students;
- have a commitment to inclusion;
- help foster a culture of high expectations and achievement within the department;
- have drive, enthusiasm and warmth; and
- have opportunities to contribute to the wider life and ethos of the Academy.
We can offer you:
- an opportunity to join a supportive staff and work with well-motivated students;
- a well-resourced and equipped suite of classrooms;
- a friendly and supportive environment
- leadership coaching and opportunities to make a real difference across the faculty;
- opportunities for continual professional development.
George Dixon has achieved Academy status due to the exceptional rise in academic performance as recognised by the Department of Education; and was given the judgement of Good in all categories by Ofsted in March 2017.
The academy has achieved positive progress 8 scores in every year since its inception.
In 2019, the academy achieved a +0.51 progress 8 score at GCSE and a +0.53 value-added score at A-Level placing us in the 12th and 5th percentile respectively.
Visits to the academy are welcomed and encouraged. Should you wish to visit, please contact Mrs Kathryn Hull (Assistant Headteacher – Line Manager Creative Arts) firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, and to request an application pack including job description and person specification, please contact Paul Hunt at Hays Education
Closing date for applications: 9am on Monday 19th April 2021.
Letters of application must address the following three questions:
- Describe your philosophy on the teaching of Design and Technology. (Maximum 400 words)
- Write about a time when you have modelled good practice to colleagues. What was the impact? (Maximum 400 words)
- Describe how you would support the Director of faculty in shaping excellent practice and outcomes in Creative Arts? (Maximum 400 words)
George Dixon Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for all successful applicants. George Dixon Academy is an equal opportunity employer.
This post is covered by Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) and therefore the ability to speak fluent and spoken English is an essential requirement for this role
George Dixon Academy