Eden Boys’ School Preston are now recruiting for a dynamic Deputy Director of Mathematics. As Deputy Director, you will assume strategic lead for the development of either KS3 or KS4 Mathematics. You will work closely with the Director of Learning for Mathematics and the wider Mathematics team. You will lead, develop and support innovative and outstanding practice in either KS3 or KS4, and play a pivotal role in developing numeracy and problem solving across the curriculum.
• Play a fundamental role in shaping the direction and future of the department / faculty / wider school.
• Be part of a highly successful network of schools both locally and nationally.
• Play an active role in developing the skills and attributes of others.
• Receive bespoke training and support in order to be the very best teacher and leader you can be.
• Have access to network-wide events with Star colleagues, led by some of the most influential people in education.
You will find a School that:
• Has a distinctive faith ethos.
• Has strong and effective leadership at all levels.
• Fosters and develops a strong team ethos amongst all its staff.
• Is highly supportive and one that values and develops people.
• Aspires to be in the top 1% of schools nationally for pupil progress.
• Is forward thinking and outwardly facing.
• Is committed to developing pupils leadership skills and their wider participation in local and national agendas.
• Has an exceptionally supportive community and Governing Body.
Visits to the school are welcomed and encouraged. We welcome enquiries from everyone and value diversity in our workforce.
Closing date: 18th March 2019 9:00 am
Interview Date: Wednesday 20th March 2019
For an informal and confidential discussion regarding the role, candidates are encouraged to contact Faheema Asmal on 01772-926000.