Deputy Director of Sixth Form (Science or Psychology).
Tes is currently supporting a friendly and supportive secondary Academy, based in Wandsworth. The school is looking to add a Deputy Director of Sixth Form (Science or Psychology) to its progressive and supportive team ideally starting in April or September 2021.
The role will include teaching and coordinating the delivery of Science or Psychology at GCSE and A-level across year groups 9 to 13. You will support the Head of Science to enhance provision and will get the chance to get involved with exciting project work throughout the year. Project work will include revising schemes of work and ensuring the curriculum is engaging to all learners alongside projects that support student attainment, well-being and engagement within the wider school. You’ll also lead by example, supporting learners to achieve to the best of their ability and you’ll enjoy that great feeling when your learners achieve grades beyond their dreams.
“An exciting opportunity has arisen for a dedicated teacher to develop their experience within our passionate and ever courageous community. We are a courageous, compassionate community - empowering excellence. We are a value-led organisation, being bold within every aspect of our lives at school.
We want all staff to thrive and model leadership and determination to the pupils and students within our rich and diverse community. We opened in 2012 with the vision to create a centre of excellence in the community.
We empower our teams by valuing the individual and ensuring personal development. This is delivered through weekly CPD sessions, frequent line management meetings and allowing staff to have their voice and develop their own ideas and projects. Our staff’s wellbeing is key to creating a friendly supportive community within the school. Guided by our internal wellbeing committee we have a wide range of initiatives designed to improve the motivation and lives of our staff.
Deputy Director of Sixth Form:
• Coordinate the Civitas tutor team and the 6th Form Personal Development programme.
• Organise and Coordinate weekly briefings and arranging relevant speakers throughout the year.
• Monitor and analyse behaviour tracking and rewards systems.
• Strategic oversight of the student leadership programme. This includes coordinating enrichment, D.O.E leadership and also training and developing our student leaders to take their place in the Student Senate.
• Lead Charities Week, KS3/4 peer mentoring, volunteering (subject and community) programmes and student voice.
• Plan the extra-curricular enrichment programme (social, cultural and recreational) to ensure outstanding opportunities and experiences for all learners, the development of employability and work readiness, including a range of widening participation activities aimed at disadvantaged learners.
• Work closely with the careers lead to coordinate work experience and opportunities outside of the classroom.
• To support the DOSF to ensure viable student numbers each year through the recruitment and enrolment of students. This includes supporting key events; Open morning, Interview days, information evenings, Enrolment days including GCSE examination result days and the days to follow as required.”
The school is offering:
• A super supportive and highly visible SLT team and Headteacher;
• on-going CPD with programmes of study such as NPQML and MA in Educational Leadership
• progression support throughout the school and wider group
• support package for NQT’s/RQT’s including CPD and NQT mentorship;
• the chance to take on further responsibility such as TLR or Leadership roles in the future.
The school expects:
• A UK teaching qualification such as PGCE/PGDE, SCITT, BEd or MEd with Qualified Teacher Status (QTS)
• a relevant Science or Psychology Degree or a related subject
• experience of delivering Science or Psychology up to A-level pushing and engaging learners to progress within the subject
• a love and passion for education.
Please include REF: 1386803 in the email subject line.
Tes Recruitment Services (UK) represent Schools and Academies across the Globe, supporting them to secure a great teacher / leader for every role. If you have an up to date CV on Tes.com you can apply with one easy click! Click ‘Quick Apply’ to apply for this role today!
To learn more about this role please email firstname.lastname@example.org for an information pack which includes school name, role specifics and context.
Please feel free to call Tom Nutley on 0776 700 1965 or drop an email to email@example.com for further information. REF: 1386803
Tes Schools Recruitment
Tes is the market leader in search and selection for schools across the globe. At Tes, we’re committed to supporting and helping teachers at every stage of their career find their next job opportunity; and helping governors recruit the very best lead...