Deputy Head Academic - ‘Director of Learning & innovation’
We are looking for a passionate and innovative School Leader who will motivate and encourage our staff and boys to realise their full potential. You will demonstrate the skills, expertise and passion to inspire and encourage the teaching staff and strive for excellence in all areas. As Deputy Head – Academic, you will form a key role in supporting the Headmistress and ensuring the smooth and successful running of the school.
We are committed to creating a curriculum that is adaptive, collaborative, innovative and academically rigorous and developing strategies to improve outcomes and foster independent, lifelong learning. The main focus of the role is to oversee all areas of learning, teaching and innovation at Falcons Prep - Richmond with an emphasis on providing high quality learning opportunities for all. The Director of Learning and Innovation will be expected to act as a pioneer in developing new initiatives and innovative pedagogy.
This is an exciting opportunity for an educationalist who is clear-sighted and a person of integrity. S/he must have a good level of technical skills and where possible, experience using Onedrive and TEAMs. It is a significant role in Falcons’ strong and committed community and is line managed by the Headteacher with whom s/he works closely and professionally. An excellent educational understanding of key issues within the learning and teaching of all subjects from aged 4-13 and organisational abilities, efficiency, humour and energy are a requirement of the position.
The ideal candidate
- The ability to effectively track the academic progress of each child and to communicate articulately with parents is essential.
- S/he understands school protocols and policies, and is willing to make a full contribution to school life.
- S/he has a good working knowledge of child protection issues and safeguarding and undertakes the appropriate training, as s/he will liaise with the Designated Safeguarding Lead on related and highly confidential matters.
- S/he must be friendly, approachable, discrete and supportive.
- The successful candidate will be expected to teach as part of their timetable.
- It is a role that requires excellent communication skills and a high level of commitment and enthusiasm.
- If successful you will not only work to improve and develop the schools existing provision but also help to shape and implement change.
It is hoped that the successful applicant will take up the appointment at the beginning of the Autumn term 2021 depending on the terms and conditions of their current contract.
Alpha Plus will offer a very competitive remuneration package to the successful candidate, which reflects the high standing of this role.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff, and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
Falcons Prep - Richmond is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our children. All staff are trained in child protection and understand to report concerns by following the safeguarding policies. We ensure all candidates are properly police checked, and the successful applicant will need to obtain an enhanced disclosure via the DBS.
PLEASE SEE OUR ATTACHED APPLICANT INFO PACK FOR FURTHER INFORMATION
Falcons Prep Richmond
Richmond upon Thames
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- Primary School
- Boys school with students of age 4 - 13 years
Falcons Prep Richmond is part of the Alpha Plus Group which owns 15 independent schools in London and 5 schools outside of the capital.
Falcons Prep – Richmond has the capacity to educate 200 boys from ages...