Deputy Headteacher (Foundation Phase)
Amnuay Silpa School, Bangkok
Required for April 2019 (the beginning of the Thai academic year) or July 2019.
We are searching for an exceptional, innovative and inspiring teacher with successful leadership experience either in the UK or a British Curriculum school overseas.
The Deputy Head will work alongside the Headteacher and the Deputy Headteacher of the Primary Phase to develop and deliver the School’s strategic plans, mission and ethos. The successful candidate will support the day-to-day management and running of the Foundation Phase. In addition they will:
- play a key strategic and advisory role as a member of the Academic Leadership Team
- lead all aspects of learning & teaching and pastoral care in the Foundation Phase
Amnuay Silpa is the leading bilingual school in Thailand. Dedicated to preserving the Thai Language and Culture in our students we have successfully implemented a unique Synchronised Dual Teaching Model, incorporating the UK and Thai Curriculum (taught by Thai teaching staff). Providing high quality education to just over 1000 pupils aged 3-18, Amnuay Silpa is an exciting and dynamic place to teach with a very clear vision for the future. In 2013 ANS was accredited by Exeter University as the First Thinking School in Asia and in 2016 was awarded Advanced Thinking status. As the hub of excellence in the thinking approach, we are able to provide excellent professional development opportunities for those successfully appointed. In June 2017 we also became a CIS Member School.
The package on offer includes:-
- A two year contract (renewable)
- A competitive salary (paid in Thai Baht)
- Private medical insurance
- Flight into and out of the country at the commencement and completion of the contract
- End of service gratuity
- An inclusive and well-resourced school
- Professional Development opportunities
Candidates are expected to:
- possess strong teaching and leadership skills and be enterprising and proactive
- have excellent communication, problem solving and negotiation skills
- have the ability to implement and monitor effective management systems
- support the distinctive ethos of the School and actively participate in the School community
- possess the empathy and understanding required for effective people management
- Be enthusiastic, adaptable and highly committed
- Have proven experience in the UK (essential) and overseas (desirable)
For an application pack, please contact the School Principal, Mr Joseph Pine at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications are by the official application form only. Please do not send CVs or covering letters with any emails. Further information can also be found on the school website www.amnuaysilpa.ac.th
Closing date for completed applications: Friday 16th November 2018
The school is committed to Safer Recruitment and Safeguarding students and all candidates will be expected to provide an Enhanced Police Check and complete a self-disclosure form.
First round interviews will be held via skype with final interviews held in London from Sunday 9th December 2018 onwards. Shortlisted candidates will be expected to submit a short video demonstrating classroom teaching.