We are seeking to appoint a highly qualified, dynamic and inspirational practitioner to work with the Head of Faculty to lead this popular and outstanding Department and engage students with their love of English, with an established record of success at both GCSE and A level. We are looking for someone passionate about supporting young people to develop a love of the language and learning.
You will have high expectations, a love of the subject, ability to inspire, laugh and enjoy the challenges of the role. You will be a team player; you will go the extra mile to support our students and want to continually develop your team. The position would potentially suit a successful and proven subject leader, with ambition for further career development.
If, prior to submitting an application, you would like to see for yourself why we believe YJB is such a fantastic school in which to work and why the post itself is so exciting, then please contact us for a visit and an opportunity to speak to the Head.
• Excellent career development opportunities and access to a comprehensive programme of professional learning and development
• The opportunity to be bold and innovative in your leadership • An ethos of high expectations for students and staff
• A professionally stimulating and supportive working environment
• A strong commitment to professional development and progression for all staff
• State-of-the-art facilities in an attractive modern building and grounds
• Cutting edge ICT facilities throughout the school
• A ‘window on the world’ ethos which enriches students’ learning experiences
• An open door to a beautiful country
Do you have:
• A passionate belief in the potential of every student, and a commitment to ensuring that every student succeeds
• The capacity to lead colleagues to make an impact on student progress and develop a rich curriculum
• A track record of raising attainment
• A creative, imaginative approach to teaching and learning
• High expectations, ability to challenge your students and think critically about your own practice
Closing Date noon Weds 20th January 2021 - Interviews Fri 29th January 2021
Ysgol John Bright
- Mainstream school with state funding
- Secondary with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years
The school is situated in the heart of the North Wales resort town of Llandudno. It is the only English medium high school to serve the town and its hinterland. Road and rail links along the North Wales coast are excellent and in...