Would you like to be part of a forward-thinking, supportive school community, in the World’s safest country, where your professional development is a priority? Doha Academy is a QNSA (Qatar National Schools Accreditation) accredited school where we are committed to the development and well-being pupils and staff.
We are looking for an exceptional Deputy Head of Primary to become part of our dynamic and ambitious leadership team. The appointee will offer leadership of learning, support pastoral development, help to manage the day-to-day operation of the School, play a major role in our strategic planning and work effectively as a member of the Senior Leadership Team. Doha Academy School has been providing an outstanding education to families in Doha for over 20 years.
We are one of the oldest and most respected schools in Qatar with extensive waiting lists. Our thriving 2000+ student population is aged between 3 and 18 years old and is made up of over 40 different nationalities; we are a truly international school.
Our students are taught by our strong team of committed and experienced teachers, who receive competitive salaries and benefits including excellent standards of accommodation. We are very proud of our students who achieve amongst the highest results in the country in the IGCSE and AS-Level examinations
We follow the national curriculum for England in primary. In secondary the curriculum progresses to IGCSE and AS Level qualifications.
The appointee will work closely with our Head to take learning at the school to the next level. It is an exciting time to join Doha Academy Family and consolidate our position as one of the best schools in Qatar.
- Our Deputy Head of Primary will promote and safeguard the welfare of all students in the school
- Support and implement the School’s Vision & Mission and School Improvement Plan with clarity and commitments.
- Be able to drive excellence in teaching and learning throughout the primary years. You will place great value on students and staff and will be focussed on the development of your team.
- You will have experience of leading and managing high performing teams in education, ensuring appropriate levels of accountability. Providing amazing learning experiences for all students will be at the top of your agenda and you will have a thirst for keeping up to date with current U.K. research based pedagogical thinking.
- Review and further develop the pastoral systems in the School to ensure a smooth transition between phases.
- Work with the senior and middle leadership team to implement change inclusively and effectively, providing strong curriculum leadership and ensuring there is a high commitment to academic progress and the well-being of all students.
- Help to develop assessment to ensure that every student makes excellent levels of progress, ensuring this is reflected in robust internal data and internationally benchmarked tests.
- Create a culture where collaborative, progressive learning is highly valued amongst staff and students, be engaging, possess excellent communication skills and have strong emotional intelligence.
This is a full-time vacancy with a start date in August 2021. Salary and benefits will be competitive
• Competitive salary (tax free)
• Fully-furnished 2 bedroomed apartment, with onsite
• Return air ticket
• Medical cover
Essential: PGCE or B.Ed. and QTS
Preferable: 2-3 years’ experience in senior leadership
Application should be made through the TES portal and you must upload two attachments: a Letter of Application detailing the skills and experience you have for this role and an up-to-date Curriculum Vitae.
You should also include the details of three professional referees. Doha Academy School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening, including reference checks with previous employers and an enhanced criminal record check.
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 3 - 18 years
At Doha Academy Secondary we provide education for children between the ages of 11 – 18. We aim to create a school environment which is caring, happy and safe. We strive to instill all our students with a life-long love of learning.