Teaching Opportunities with Wellington College in China
Wellington College China has schools in Hangzhou, Shanghai and Tianjin. Our schools, for pupils aged 2 to 18, are expanding rapidly, so we are looking for talented teachers in most subjects. We offer attractive packages and prioritise teachers’ professional and career development. The Wellington schools in China all have world-class facilities and resources.
We are now recruiting teachers to start for the school year 2020-2021.
If you would like to find out more about teaching in China and the exciting professional opportunities available in Wellington schools, join us at one of our events in October 2019.
Date Time Location
Friday 11 October Evening London
Saturday 12 October Day London
Sunday 13 October Day Wellington College, Berkshire
Tuesday 15 October Evening Manchester
Wednesday 16 October Evening Manchester
Friday 18 October Evening London
Saturday 19 October Day London
Wednesday 20 November Evening Dubai
Thursday 21 November Evening Dubai
Wednesday 8 January Evening Melbourne
Saturday 14 March Day Melbourne
Sunday 15 March Day Sydney
To find out more go to https://www.wellingtoncollege.cn/careers/
To book a place at our events, please click HERE for registration
Should you have any questions, please email email@example.com
Deputy Head of Upper Prep and Senior School
Wellington College International Hangzhou
The Deputy Head of Upper Prep and Senior School must, in association with the subject leaders, provide professional and energetic leadership of learning and teaching, and secure the highest quality of pastoral care. The Deputy Head will provide guidance and support to all school staff.
1. Work closely with the Principal and subject leaders to continue to develop assessment and curriculum
2. Ensure high quality teaching and learning
3. Liaise with administrative departments to ensure efficient administrative management of the school
4. As a positive representative, promote Wellington College International School, its aims, standards, and ideals, and model these both in the school and in the wider community
1. Establish and implement strategic plans for the Upper Prep and Senior school
2. Develop and establish culture, educational vision, and direction of the school
3. Work with the Principal to deliver the strategic vision for the school
4. Work with the Principal to create and implement the strategic plan which identifies priorities and targets for both pupils and teachers. Priorities include ensuring that pupils achieve high standards and make progress, and that teachers are effective and secure school improvement
5. Support the Principal in the management and direction of the whole school
6. Lead and support the staff in the process of whole school and subject self-review.
7. Share responsibility for and assist, where required, the Director of Admissions and Marketing in the introduction/viewing of the school by prospective parents
Teaching and Learning
1. Take the lead on developing policies and curriculum content
2. Establish and maintain an environment and a code of behaviour which promotes and secures excellent teaching, effective learning, high standards of achievement, as well as excellent behaviour and discipline
3. Provide effective links with the community to extend the curriculum and enhance teaching and learning
4. Maintain an effective partnership with parents to support and improve students’ achievement and personal development
5. Ensure that professional development opportunities for all staff are linked to individual and school needs through performance management and the school development plan
6. Work with the subject leaders to ensure the curriculum and timetable are suitable for the College’s standards of teaching and learning, and direct any necessary alterations to the timetable, ensuring they are implemented and communicated effectively
7. Keep an accurate record of staff absence and communicate this to the relevant administrative departments
Leading and Managing Staff
1. With the Principal, implement and sustain effective systems for the management of staff performance, incorporating appraisal and objective setting through the performance management for teachers, and participate as a performance reviewer
2. Be responsible for whole school development/improvement (professional development), leading and advising staff as and when necessary
3. Contribute to staff development activities
4. Understand the expectations of others, including subject leaders and coordinators, and ensure that less experienced teachers are appropriately monitored, supported and advised
5. Sustain personal motivation and that of other staff
6. Set a good example in terms of dress, punctuality and attendance
7. Uphold the College’s values and behaviour code
Efficient Deployment of Staff and Resources
1. Recruit staff to meet the curriculum requirements
2. Manage the budget for professional development
3. Manage the budget for educational resources
4. Ensure policies, practices and parental communications are established and maintained to support the physical, emotional and social development of the individual student
5. To implement and monitor the general policies, including those for Behaviour, Antibullying, Discipline and safeguarding.
1. Work with the Principal to provide information, objective advice and support to the Board of Governors and School Affairs Committee (SAC) to enable it to meet its responsibilities for securing effective teaching and learning, securing improved standards of achievement, and achieving efficiency and value for money
2. Work with the Principal to create and develop an organisation in which all staff recognise that they are accountable for the success of the school
3. Ensure that parents and students are well-informed about the curriculum, attainment and progress, and about the contribution that they can make to achieve the school targets for improvement.
4. To oversee parent-staff communications and become involved in such communications as and when necessary
Please email us your CV and cover letter with a photo to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the position you are applying for in the subject header.