AGFS are pleased to be able to offer an opening for a Deputy Head of Year to provide additional support to the school as part of the Pastoral Team. This is a non-teaching role which is vital to the successful maintenance of our highly valued school culture. This post is viewed as middle-leadership level with an extremely high platform by which the successful candidate can use to promote the school’s mission of delivering outstanding pastoral care.
Ark Greenwich Free School
Described as “among the highest performing schools in the country” (Evening Standard), Ark Greenwich Free School exists to empower young people, regardless of socio-economic background, to grow and be successful. We provide the very best all-round education and nurture a range of talents and skills. We are proud of our highly respectful and disciplined community and of the outstanding academic outcomes achieved by our pupils. Expectations for all members of our community are unashamedly sky high. This is an ambitious and forward-thinking school that encourages innovation and values its staff. We work tirelessly to impact the lives of the young people we serve.
How is Ark Greenwich different to other schools?
• We are part of the Ark family of schools and benefit accordingly from outstanding networking and career opportunities and first-class CPD.
• This is a strict no excuses, no mobile phone school.
• Staff wellbeing is one of our main priorities. We provide breakfast for staff each morning and have a 6pm/weekend work related communication curfew to ensure our staff can maintain an effective work/life balance. We do not do knee jerk reactions, fads or last-minute deadlines. Our systems and processes including for communication, pupil marking, and feedback and assessment are efficient and streamlined and the approaches we take are led by research and what we know to work within of our local context.
• This is a small school model (600 students aged 11-16) because we believe that our close-knit community provides the optimum conditions for success.
• Behaviour for learning is exceptional so our teachers can focus their time on the things that matter – planning and delivering brilliant lessons for our students. Our pastoral team are central to the effective functioning of behaviour policy.
• We put high-quality teaching at the heart of what we do. We have 60 mins of high-quality all staff training every week. Live coaching and current best practice in the field of education is central to our approach.
• Our students enjoy a compulsory co-curricular program on a Wednesday afternoon which includes a strong focus on community volunteering, and we facilitate 12 drop down days per academic year ensuring our students benefit from a range of life enriching experiences.
About Ark Schools
Ark is a network of high-achieving, non-selective schools and one of the country’s top-performing academy groups. We run 38 academies in London, Birmingham, Hastings, London and Portsmouth educating more than 20,000 pupils. 83% of Ark academies are now rated as good or outstanding by Ofsted.
Our aim is to create outstanding schools that give every pupil, regardless of their background, the opportunity to go to university or pursue the career of their choice.
To find out more about Ark Greenwich, please visit our website via www.arkgreenwichfreeschool.org
Closing date: 09:00 Monday 2nd September 2019.
Interviews will take place during week commencing Monday 9th September 2019.
Ark value diversity and are committed to safeguarding and promoting child welfare. The successful candidate will be subject to DBS and any other relevant employment checks.