Following the successful appointment of a new Head Teacher for September 2019, governors are now recruiting a Deputy Head to join the team. This is a fantastic opportunity for a dedicated and ambitious individual to be instrumental in shaping the future direction of the school.
For the first two years you will benefit from the support and guidance of the Executive Headteacher (Bordesley Green and Blakesley Hall Primary Schools). You will receive a personalised programme of training, mentoring and coaching with the knowledge that after two years you will have developed the high quality knowledge and experience required to confidently take on the full range of strategic and operational aspects of Deputy Headship. Both schools are and will remain separate local authority maintained schools.
You will have the immediate benefits of working within a strong consortium group, an exciting teaching collaboration of schools and a well-established network of leadership support upon which you will be able to draw and learn from.
We are looking for a Leader with:
• The determination to raise aspirations and improve the life chances of all children.
• A creative approach to the curriculum and the ability to deliver learning in an exciting way
• A proven track record of raising attainment with the skills to analyse data and present outcomes.
• The ability to use assessment data to review pupil progress and implement the appropriate interventions to raise standards.
• Experience of monitoring provision and outcomes and maintaining relevant documentation.
• A commitment to school improvement, through collaborative work with the whole school community
• Relevant knowledge, experience and skills to promote and sustain high standards of teaching and learning across the school
• A consistent track record of outstanding teaching.
• An ability to identify school priorities and strategically plan for improvements.
• The ability to coach, mentor and support colleagues, embedding excellent practice.
• Successful middle/senior leadership experience in a primary school setting.
We will offer you:
• Enthusiastic children who enjoy learning and thrive on the exciting opportunities we provide.
• Polite and motivated children whose behaviour continues to be outstanding (Ofsted 2017)
• The opportunity to work with a supportive and visionary Strategic Leadership Team
• Excellent coaching and personalised professional development
• A friendly, supportive staff whose committed teamwork ensures the best possible outcomes for all children and families.
• Excellent partnerships between pupils, staff, parents, governors and community built on mutual respect and a shared desire to make a genuine difference.
• A learning environment and facilities which has recently undergone significant investment
“The school’s ethos of ‘We care, we create, we champion’ is understood and adhered to by pupils and staff. This has resulted in a happy and nurturing environment that enables pupils to flourish academically and socially. This is a school that is very much at the heart of the community. (Ofsted July 2017)
Visits to the school are encouraged. Our website is informative but this is no substitute for meeting us at the school and seeing the children at work and play.
For further details or to arrange a visit please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
or Telephone 0121 772 1601
Applications must be submitted on the appropriate form.
CVs will not be accepted
Closing date: Monday 29th April (12:00 Midday)