Smallwood Primary school has a Language Resource Base, conveniently situated close to Earlsfield mainline station and Tooting Broadway underground. We are a school moving forward with purpose to improve the quality of teaching and learning with a commitment to raising standards. We have an ongoing commitment to improving standards for all pupils and to further developing our provision and drive to meet with needs of all pupils. We require an experienced senior leader to join our school as Deputy Headteacher with responsibility for Inclusion. The successful applicant will provide outstanding leadership and management of the school’s Inclusion systems ensuring the active participation, learning and achievement of all pupils in our inclusive school.
The successful candidate will need to:
- Have extensive SENCo experience and up to date CPD
- Be an exemplary teacher
- Have successful leadership and management experience in a school
- Have had involvement in school self-evaluation and development planning
- Have a passion for children’s learning and development
- Be able to accept challenges, inspire and motivate others
- Have a desire to achieve and raise standards
- Be a committed team member
- Have the ability to engage the whole school community
- Be prepared to bring fresh perspectives to new Education initiatives
- To have a sound working knowledge of the SEND Code of Practice including experience of multi-agency working and knowledge of the EHCA process
- A caring and supportive whole school community, culturally diverse and inclusive
- A dynamic and dedicated staff, committed to pupil success
- A creative environment, open to innovation
- Excellent opportunities for professional development and career progression
All shortlisted candidates will be observed teaching.
The candidates will be positive and enthusiastic in their approach and will seek to provide the opportunity for the children they are working with to achieve their full potential, both academically and socially.
This is an exciting time to join Smallwood’s team as there are opportunities for forward thinking, passionate individuals to play a significant part in further developing our school.
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed and have been arranged for:
26th March 10am
Please email email@example.com to arrange a visit to the school.
An information pack, including a Job Description and Person Specification can be downloaded below. (W)
An information pack, including a Job Description and Person Specification can be downloaded below or from the Wandsworth Council website https://jobs.richmondandwandsworth.gov.uk/
Completed application should be returned to the school either by email firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 30 March 2020 (at Noon)
Interviews: 02 April 2020
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This post is subject to a DBS check.
CVs are not accepted.
Smallwood Primary School & Children’s Centre
Tooting SW17 0TW
T: 020 8672 6024
Headteacher: Mrs. F. Loudon