Deputy Head Teacher
Leadership Scale L26 – L29
We are looking for an exceptional teacher and leader to join our team in September 2019 or earlier if possible. Sir John Cass is an outstanding and heavily oversubscribed inner-city CofE school. We take pride in our ethos of academic ambition, exceptionally high standards of achievement and behaviour, and tolerance and respect for all.
The post will focus on overall strategic responsibility for a key stage. The precise responsibilities will be further developed with you after your appointment. In addition, all members of the SLT have a high profile about the school and the Sixth Form College.
Key stage 5 experience is desirable.
We offer you:
• A vibrant multi-cultural environment
• An induction and support programme widely recognised for outstanding practice
• Continuous Professional Development to develop you towards your own headship in due course
• A very calm and orderly school based upon high standards of behaviour and an ethos of trust and care
• Progress 8 score of 0.6. The school was rated Outstanding in 2015.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
The successful applicant will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
We are committed to equality and welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Telephone inquiries are welcomed on 0207 790 6712.
The closing date for receipt of applications is 3pm on 22nd April 2019.
Interviews to be held on 26th April 2019.