Job Title: Deputy Headteacher at St Martins School
Directorate: Children and Young People’s Services
Hours: Full time
Contract type: Permanent
Start date: 1st September 2020
Location: St Martins School
Thank you for your interest in the advertised post for a Deputy Headteacher at St Martins School. This is an exciting opportunity for a dynamic and experienced professional to share in the leadership and management of this outstanding and innovative school.
The Governors wish to appoint a highly motivated and inspirational Deputy Headteacher. The successful candidate will work closely with the Headteacher and Assistant Headteachers, continuing the development of the school as an outstanding provision, offering exciting and varied opportunities towards excellent outcomes for all.
St Martins is a unique learning community with very supportive governors and Parent/Carers who provide encouragement and expertise to strengthen the ethos of the school. Our students impress us daily with their talents and achievements. Our students set an example to us all with their determination and positive attitudes. We believe in and actively promote close links with families, whose children we are lucky enough to educate and care for.
Visits – due to the current situation with COVID-19, we are unable to offer any visits for potential candidates. Debbie Gerring warmly welcomes discussions by telephone. If you would like to arrange a discussion, please contact Victoria Theobald – by email on email@example.com, or by telephone on 01332 571151.
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact me by telephone on 01332 571151 or by email on firstname.lastname@example.org. I look forward to hearing from you should you feel our ethos and vision are compatible with your own leadership ambitions.
The successful candidate will:
• demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills, and have the energy and enthusiasm to play a key role within the leadership team in moving the school forward
• be an outstanding listener, with high emotional intelligence and very effective and credible communication skills
• be an excellent planner, forward thinker and visible team leader
• be fully cognizant of, and able to articulate, local and national educational priorities, with particular reference to SEND
• have the ability to work across complex learning profiles and alongside colleagues to promote outstanding teaching and learning
• be able to lead on emerging projects related to improving standards in teaching and learning in school
• have an excellent understanding of the needs of children with a wide range of complex learning needs
• have a clear understanding of relevant accreditations for students with SEND
• know how to analyse data from assessment to drive progression and attainment forward
• have strong evidence for developing, leading and completing major educational initiatives in school successfully
• be committed to involving students, Parents/Carers, Governors and wider stakeholders
• use research to inform future development across teaching and learning
• know and understand how children with different complex needs learn.
We can offer you:
• amazing students to work with
• the chance to work alongside established, successful leaders
• a supportive, highly skilled and hard-working staff team who always put the needs of the students first
• a school with an ethos of mutual respect and high aspiration
• a supportive governing body
• excellent opportunities to further develop your leadership skills and career pathway
• an exciting and engaging school curriculum
• a 21st century building with amazing facilities.
How to apply:
To apply please complete an application form and return it with your letter of application (no more than 2 sides of A4) to Victoria Theobald by email on email@example.com, or by post to Victoria Theobald, St Martins School, The Derwent Campus, Bracknell Drive, Alvaston, Derby, DE24 0BT.
Proposed dates for interview are Monday 4th May and Tuesday 5th May with a “cut” after the first day.
The closing date for this vacancy is Monday 20th April at 12:00pm midday. Any application forms received after the closing date and time will not be accepted.
St Martins School is due to academise with the Shaw Education Trust imminently.