Aspire Believe Create Achieve
The children at Sherington believe that their school leaders should:
- Have passion, zest and a love of learning
- Be brave and able to try new things, make good decisions, take responsibility and solve problems
- Be loyal and have the best interest of the school at heart
- Be optimistic and walk into the hall with a smile on their faces every day
- Be inclusive, respect diversity and nurture the learning and development of all
- Be kind, listen carefully and respond with sympathy and empathy
- Be able to lead and set a good example, while working as part of a team
The rest of the community endorses this. At Sherington, we place the child at the centre of all that we do.
Following the recent appointment of a new headteacher, we are now looking for a deputy headteacher who will work in partnership with the headteacher, sharing her vision for the school and making a strong contribution to future developments.
We are looking for someone who is flexible, reflective and open to development. They will demonstrate a love of learning and be prepared to make a strong commitment to Sherington’s ethos. They will be committed to ensuring every child’s safety and equality of opportunity for all. They will have professional integrity and be honest and trustworthy, able to lead the development of others to deliver the best for every child. They will be able to maintain high standards across the school and shape exciting future developments.
In return, we offer the opportunity to be part of a thriving community that is proud of its outstanding achievements. We offer diverse, curious, creative and motivated children who are a joy to work with, along with an enthusiastic, dedicated, professional staff who are committed to the success of the school.
Sherington is proud to be a maintained school with excellent links with our local authority.
Royal Greenwich is one of London’s most exciting boroughs; our communities are vibrant and diverse.
School visits are essential. To book a visit, please email Susie Healy at email@example.com
Closing Date for Applications: Monday 19th April 12 noon
Interview Days: 29th and 30th April
Sherington Primary School
- Mainstream school with state - community funding
- Primary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 3 - 11 years