Field End Junior School is seeking to appoint a talented deputy headteacher for September 2021.
Field End Junior School is a four-form entry community school in the London Borough of Hillingdon. It shares a spacious site with Field End Infant School and we work together collaboratively although we operate as separate schools. We also work in close partnership with schools in the Vanguard Learning Trust (VLT) as an associate member.
We are looking for a deputy headteacher who will embrace our vision. We sit within the heart of the local community and hope to engender a sense of collective responsibility to continue the journey towards our school becoming recognised for its high-quality teaching and learning, ensuring that we meet the needs of all our pupils so that they are excited about being part of the school.
The successful applicant will:
- in conjunction with the headteacher, formulate the aims and objectives of the school
- have senior leadership experience
- be able to lead change effectively
- uphold the school’s well-established ethos and culture
- be a figurehead who is able to stand in for the Headteacher when needed
- have high expectations
- be committed to the continued development of staff and students
- have a good understanding of current educational developments
Why work at Field End Junior School?
- Pupils and staff follow our three values: be respectful, be responsible, be ready.
- We offer the chance to make a real contribution to school development.
- Staff have a range of opportunities to collaborate and to develop their career.
- There are excellent transport links with central London, Buckinghamshire, Hertfordshire and Berkshire.
An application form can be downloaded from our website where all information about this post and the school can be obtained.
Applications should be returned to HR@fieldend-jun.hillingdon.sch.uk
Closing date: Monday 19th April 2021
Interview dates: 26th and 27th April 2021
Prospective candidates are invited to visit Field End Junior School following COVID-19 restrictions. This will involve a tour of the school with the Headteacher, Audrey Wright. Please contact Jackie Jones, Office Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 0208 866 8752 for further information or to arrange a visit.
Field End Junior School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS disclosure is required for all posts.
Field End Junior School
- Mainstream school with state - community funding
- Primary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 7 - 11 years