The Governors and Headteacher of High Bank Junior, Infant and Nursery School are seeking to appoint a highly motivated and inspirational leader to join our ambitious and hard- working team. We are a small school at the heart of the community with approximately 150 children on roll ranging from Nursery to Year 6.
This role is a tremendous opportunity for a dedicated and ambitious individual to develop as a senior leader and is suited to an experienced deputy/assistant head teacher, or an aspirational leader who has experience of making an impact and raising standards across their school. We will play to your strengths; whilst the role will focus on whole school learning and teaching, the additional strategic responsibilities of this role will be defined on appointment.
In April 2016, we were judged to be a ‘good’ school by Ofsted. We are very proud of our dedicated and caring staff team and our hard-working and well-behaved children. We are committed to ensuring that children of all abilities and backgrounds achieve their very best in everything they do. We take pride in being an integral part of the local community and provide a safe, secure environment, where children’s self-esteem and confidence are of paramount importance. Positive adult role models ensure all our children are provided with examples that will encourage mutual respect for one another and a caring and hard-working ethos.
For this key role, we are looking for a Deputy Head Teacher who:
- Is keen to progress in their career with the drive, resilience, and ambition to go the extra mile to make sure excellent things happen at High Bank;
- Is an excellent classroom practitioner who enjoys leading, supporting, challenging and inspiring others, with an enthusiasm for ensuring that every child achieves their full potential;
- Has a proven, proactive approach to leading school improvement and a clear vision of school improvement strategies;
- Has effective interpersonal skills, an ability to strengthen parent and community partnerships and to motivate and influence staff;
- Is committed, through their love of teaching, to providing a curriculum that is skilfully balanced with academic rigour, creativity and challenge in order to meet the needs of all children;
- Is skilled in data management and analysis, with a proven track record of raising attainment and accelerating progress;
- Has the ability to develop effective provision for children with Special Educational Needs across the school.
What makes High Bank special?
- Enthusiastic, well behaved, happy children who enjoy coming to school;
- Small class sizes;
- A dedicated, supportive, hard-working staff team who are committed to school improvement;
- A commitment to professional development opportunities within our partnership schools;
- Supportive Governors and parents;
- A changing and exciting school with potential waiting to be developed;
- Excellent pastoral care for the whole family.
This is a full-time post with a non–class based role (some teaching commitment to support PPA and cover).
High Bank Junior Infant and Nursery School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. Any appointment is subject to suitable references and an enhanced DBS clearance. A conviction may not exclude candidates from appointment but will be considered as part of the recruitment process.
Visits to the school prior to application are strongly encouraged and will be warmly welcomed. The Headteacher, Kathryn Chubb, would be delighted to meet you and talk about the opportunity, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to book an appointment. For more information please call 01274 875330.
More information about our school can be found on the website www.highbankschool.co.uk. You can also follow the school on Twitter @HighBankSchool.
To apply for this job, please download and complete the application form attached.
Application forms should be returned to the Headteacher either by e-mail to email@example.com or by post to the address at the top of the page, by 12 noon on Friday 13th October 2017.
Shortlisting: Monday 16th October
Interviews: Friday 20th October