BACUP AND RAWTENSTALL GRAMMAR SCHOOL
Glen Road, Waterfoot, Rossendale, Lancashire, BB4 7BJ
Tel No. 01706 234500
Website - www.brgs.org.uk
Number on roll 1320 including 421 in the Sixth Form
Required for September 2021
Salary Scale: L22-26
• Do you want to be a leader of a school community where innovation and aspiration run alongside a commitment to historical values and traditions?
• Are you looking for a school committed to the development of all students as well-rounded individuals and potential future leaders?
• Do you want to work with highly motivated students who are keen to learn and develop?
• Are you looking for an opportunity to work with and lead a committed team of experienced and highly qualified staff?
• Do you want to make a leading contribution to sustaining a record of high academic achievement?
• Are you an outstanding classroom practitioner and leader with the vision and leadership skills to maintain high standards, build on success and help lead a highly successful school into the next stage of its development?
We are seeking to appoint an outstanding candidate to the full time, permanent post of Deputy Headteacher.
As the sole Deputy in this large, academically successful and oversubscribed 11-18 grammar school, you will have a critical role in supporting the Headmaster in the strategic leadership and day to day management of the school. This is an exciting opportunity for an outstanding teacher and leader to take on a significant and wide-ranging whole school responsibility; this post offers outstanding preparation for headship.
Bacup and Rawtenstall Grammar school is situated in the Rossendale Valley, within easy reach of Manchester and the Yorkshire Dales.
The successful candidate will have specific responsibility for the safeguarding, pastoral care and welfare of students and staff.
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Completed applications should be returned to: email@example.com marked ‘Deputy Head Application’
To enable governors to give full consideration to your application:
• complete the application form in full
• enclose a supporting statement of no more than 1200 words (12point font).
Applications should arrive no later than 12.00 noon on Monday 1st March 2021.
Bacup and Rawtenstall Grammar School