We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic and inspirational practising Catholic Deputy headteacher, who will develop and share our vision of high quality education for all.
We are seeking a deputy head teacher who:
- is a practising Catholic who can nurture faith and spirituality
- sets an excellent example of classroom practice and demonstrate a clear desire for enabling progress and inspiring colleagues in raising standards
- is passionate in promoting a clear child-centred vision
- has an ability to drive forward developments in the curriculum
- has excellent communication and interpersonal skills, along with a good sense of humour and excellent teamwork
- can support the Headteacher in the strategic role of raising our standards of achievement both academically, spiritually and pastorally
- understands children's emotional and behavioural welfare.
Our children are seeking a deputy head teacher who:
- can do magic tricks
- has purple hair and can tell good jokes - is friendly, fun and fantastic
- will help them if they do something wrong or don't understand something
- will make them feel safe, happy and is always smiling
- is strict but fair and consistent
- can play football
We can offer you:
- a positive and caring ethos based on the values of the Catholic faith
- a welcoming and supportive community united in our desire to learn and improve together
- the opportunity to work with a passionate and dedicated team of staff
- a supportive and committed leadership team with a clear vision and determination to raising standards of teaching and learning
- a well-resourced, happy and inclusive school
- personalised and ever evolving professional development opportunities to ensure that God given talents are nurtured and potential is fulfilled.
(Monday 23rd will be school based activities such as leading a Prayer and Liturgy, meeting the School Council, chatting with staff. The formal interview will take place on the Tuesday 24th. Further details will be sent after the short listing processes).
St Teresa's Catholic Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS disclosure will be requested for the successful candidate in accordance with Safeguarding Children and Safer Recruitment in Education Legislation. Visits welcomed and encouraged. Please contact the school to make arrangements.
Shortlisting date: 3 October 2017.
Interview date: 23 and 24 October 2017.
Application forms can be downloaded online or can be requested from/returnable to: email@example.com. Rehabilitation of offenders Act 1974 - details of any criminal record spent or unspent should be sent to the chair of governors at the school address by the closing date.
Closing date: 29 September 2017 at 12 noon.