Henry Green Primary School
London Borough of Barking & Dagenham
- L12 - L16
- Job type:
- Full Time, Permanent
- Start date:
- April - Sept
- Apply by:
- 19 February 2018
Deputy Headteacher Salary: Group 3, L12-L16 Inner London
Start date: April 2018 or September 2018
The Governors and Headteacher of Henry Green Primary School are seeking to appoint an inspirational Deputy Head Teacher with a proven track record of high quality teaching and the passion to lead and further enhance our leadership team. If you want an exciting new challenge and to be part of a committed team of practitioners, then we have the ideal opportunity for you.
The successful candidate will be someone who
· Is an enthusiastic and motivated individual
· Is an effective classroom practitioner with high expectations and outstanding teaching.
· Shows integrity, professionalism and initiative
· Will promote high standards and expectations of achievement
· Has the ability to lead, motivate and inspire staff and children
· Is able to lead on behaviour management, curriculum development and assessment
· Is committed to working effectively with parents, carers and the wider community
· Will take an active part in all aspects of school life
· Shows excellent interpersonal and communication skills
· Has the desire to develop effective leadership, management and organisational skills
· Is able to use data to enhance pupil progress
· Is hardworking and highly motivated, with a strong team spirit and a good sense of humour.
We can offer you:
- A diverse and supportive community of friendly children, who are eager to achieve and deserve the best
- A talented and forward thinking leadership team, with dedicated and hardworking staff and Governors
- The opportunity to be part of a team that will move the school forward through a time of change
- A commitment to on-going professional development and support to become a headteacher
- A significant opportunity to take a lead role in the direction the school takes over the next few years.
Visits to the school are actively encouraged. Please contact the school office on 0208 270 4466 to arrange a visit, or by email: email@example.com.
For an application form please contact the School Business Manager Krystal Britton via email firstname.lastname@example.org All completed forms should be returned to the school address as above. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Closing date: Monday 19th February 2018 – 12pm
Shortlisting: 19th February 2018
Interviews: Friday 23rd February
"This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act and a comprehensive screening process, including. An enhanced disclosure check, will be undertaken on all applicants."
About Henry Green Primary School
- Henry Green Primary School
- Green Lane, Dagenham
- RM8 1UR
- United Kingdom
Henry Green Primary School is a mixed gender, non-denomination comprehensive in Dagenham, East London. There are two forms from Reception to Year 6, and an accompanying Nursery. Henry Green school is located on Green Lane, a short distance from primary schools Goodmayes and St Vincent’s Catholic. It is a larger than average primary, with approximately 470 pupils on the school roll between the ages of 3-11. The school provides a before-school Breakfast Club providing meals for children.
Mr Matt Murphy
Values and Vision
Henry Green aspires for every pupil to leave Key Stage 2 as a confident, secure individual with a lifelong love of learning. In a diverse environment the school also understands the need to create an environment of inclusivity and tolerance among all children. Read Write Inc is a phonics programme for Key Stage 1, and is especially useful for those children learning English as a second language.
A varied curriculum is also an important part of ethos at Henry Green. Religious Education, ICT, and Design and Technology are all a source of extensive focus. Physical education ranges from athletics to dance, with swimming lessons in Year 5.
“Teaching is strongest in the Early Years Foundation Stage. Thorough assessments enable teachers to plan challenging activities inside and outside the classroom. The learning intentions and expected learning outcomes are clear and, as a result, children are motivated and totally immersed in their learning.”
Please note that you are wholly responsible for fact checking in respect of the information provided by schools. Please also check for the latest visa and work permit requirements that may apply. Tes is not responsible for the content of advertisements or the policies adopted by advertising schools. Tes asks that all schools follow Tes' Fair Recruitment Policy.