DEPUTY HEADTEACHER: Pastoral Care
From September 2021, Permanent and full time
Scale L22 – 26
11-18 Comprehensive School. No. on roll: 1384 (223 in the Sixth Form)
St Leonard’s Catholic School invite applications from committed and practising Catholics for the post of Deputy Headteacher: Pastoral Care.
The successful candidate will play a key role in the overall leadership of the school with the post being equally suited to those seeking their first Deputy Head post or to serving Deputy Heads seeking a new challenge. The post will include wide-ranging responsibility and accountability, leading and developing other staff, monitoring and evaluation work, as well as working closely with Governors. Precise responsibilities will be agreed with the successful candidate, taking in to account their experience as well as the needs of the school.
The successful candidate will have:
· A strategic vision for developing outstanding Pastoral Care.
· The ability to design and lead our Pastoral Curriculum which is to include PSHE / RSE.
· The ability to design and lead our Catholic Curriculum.
· A clear commitment to nurturing and promoting the school’s distinctive Catholic ethos.
· A passion for providing the best possible holistic education for all pupils.
· Excellent leadership qualities and management skills.
· A commitment to maximising achievement through excellence in teaching and learning.
· An excellent track record as a classroom teacher and school leader.
We can offer:
· Taking Christ as the model for life, St Leonard’s Catholic School endeavours to pursue excellence in all and for all and is committed to the professional development of all staff.
· A high performing Catholic school in the middle of the historic cathedral city of Durham that has a clear mission and strong tradition dating back to 1936.
· A vibrant, well run, ambitious and caring 11-18 school of c.1400 bright and enthusiastic students.
· A Sixth Form of c.220 students.
· A school where staff enjoy coming to work and are able to maintain a work-life balance.
· A professional climate where all staff are valued, listened to and who are able to fully use our gifts and talents.
· An excellent behaviour climate where staff can teach free from disruption.
We are passionate about our school and want to fill it with staff who share the same passion, values and drive. You would be warmly welcomed to our school at any time, to see and feel what St Leonard’s is like on a typical day and to ask any questions you may have on an informal basis. Please contact the Headteacher’s P.A.: Mrs Elizabeth Turnbull: ETurnbull@st-leonards.durham.sch.uk to arrange a visit.
CES application form and further details are available from:
St. Leonard’s Catholic School, North, End, Durham DH1 4NG (Telephone: 0191 3848575)
Details are also available on the school website: www.st-leonards.durham.sch.uk
Closing date for the receipt of applications is – Monday 19th April 2021 by 9am.
Shortlisting to take place on Tuesday 20th April 2021 at 10am.
Interviews to take place on Tuesday 27th and Wednesday 28th April 2021.
Completed forms to be posted to the above address or emailed to: Recruitment@st-leonards.durham.sch.uk
The board and the Diocese are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is exempt from the provisions of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act and is subject to an enhanced D.B.S. check.
The Governing Body is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Applicants with disabilities will be invited for interview if the essential job criteria are met.
This post is not open to job share.
St Leonard's Catholic School
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years