The successful candidate will lead the school in a number of key areas – which will be negotiated according to the strengths of the person appointed - but will include a focus on Personal Development and Behaviour.
The successful candidate will:
- Be a practising Catholic and have a commitment to and an understanding of Catholic education.
- Share fully in the strategic leadership of the school.
- Have a proven ability to work in partnership with staff, learners and their parents/carers offering support and challenge.
- Have a passion for working with young people to develop their own excellence and be committed to raising students’ aspirations.
- Be a creative and strategic thinker, able to see through and sustain initiatives.
- Have excellent communication, organisational and inter-personal skills.
- Aspire to lead their own school in the future.
John Henry Newman Catholic College is a highly ambitious 11-18 Catholic comprehensive school with a growing Sixth Form. We have a very strong community and work very closely, and in partnership with all of our stakeholders. This is a fantastic opportunity for the right person to help lead the school and make a significant contribution to its future success.
John Henry Newman Catholic College is committed to the safeguarding and welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will therefore be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) as well as providing evidence of qualifications.
We welcome our general duty under the Equality Act 2010 to eliminate discrimination, to advance equality of opportunity and to foster good relations, and our specific duties to publish information every year about our school population; to explain how we have due regard for equality; and to publish equality objectives which show how we plan to tackle particular inequalities, and reduce or remove them.
Further details about the post and an application pack are available from the school website www.johnhenrynewmancatholiccollege.org or click on APPLY NOW button on the TES website - please note all applications have to be on the CES application form.
Prospective candidates are invited to contact Mrs Lisa Maddison, PA to the Principal at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a visit to the school or an informal discussion about the post with the Principal.
Email applications to Lisa Maddison: email@example.com
Closing date for applications is Friday 27th March at 10am
Interviews will take place week commencing 30th March 2020