The Headteacher and Governors are seeking to appoint a dedicated, inspirational Deputy Headteacher for January 2018 to join our happy and successful village school. The post will be for a teaching Deputy Headteacher with responsibility for a class. This is an exciting opportunity for a creative, forward-thinking individual with a passion for education and inspiring a lifelong love of learning in our children.
This is an excellent opportunity for:
- An outstanding classroom teacher with high expectations and a track record of excellence in improving pupil achievement
- A strategic thinker who is able to evaluate honestly and accurately and contribute to effective planning for school improvement.
- A manager and team leader with strong interpersonal skills and a proven ability to lead by example to support and motivate colleagues
- A committed individual with excellent organisational skills and a positive, pro-active outlook.
- An experienced professional, able to work in partnership with pupils, parents, carers, staff, governors, outside agencies and the wider community.
You will benefit from
Pupils who are enthusiastic and eager to learn
A dedicated, motivated staff team who are passionate about ensuring the very best opportunities for our children
A friendly and welcoming school community
A commitment to professional development
Although not essential, we would particularly welcome applications from teachers with relevant experience of the role of SENDCO.
Shortlisted candidates will be observed teaching and interacting with pupils in our school on Tuesday 17th October, as part of the selection process. Formal interviews and specific evaluation tasks will take place on Wednesday 18th October.
Visits and informal enquiries prior to application are warmly welcomed and encouraged, and visits may be undertaken by prior arrangement with the Headteacher.
Due to this post having access to children, the successful candidate will be required to undertake a Disclosure and Barring Service check
To Appy: https://protect-eu.mimecast.com/s/akEOBtWo1rH2?domain=highlane.stockport.sch.uk
Please send your completed forms back to the school addressed to Mrs Susan Whitehead, Chair of Governors. The closing date for applications will be Wednesday, 4th October at 4.00pm. Hard copy applications only to be submitted, please.
Closing date: Wednesday, 4th October at 4.00pm
Shortlisting: Friday, 6th October
Interview Date: Tuesday, 17th and Wednesday, 18th October
The successful applicant's appointment will be subject to satisfactory pre-employment checks and clearance by the Disclosure Barring Service.
Stockport Council – Valuing diversity.
High Lane Primary School
Phone: 01663 762378
Headteacher: Mrs Alison Humphries