We are seeking to appoint a talented, dedicated and inspirational Deputy Headteacher to our leadership team. The main areas of responsibility for this post will be determined after taking into account the strengths of the successful candidate, as our priority is the appointment of an exceptional leader. This is an exciting opportunity to fulfil a significant leadership role in an ‘Outstanding’ school and to play a pivotal part in our future development.
We are fortunate to serve an extremely able cohort of students with supportive parents and governors. Our school ethos and philosophy are embodied by our strapline ‘Achievement, Excellence, Integrity.’ Under the leadership of our new Headteacher, we are working together to continually increase expectations, improve our practice and raise standards of achievement in order to secure our outstanding judgement for the future.
The successful candidate will:
• have benefitted from experience in more than one school context.
• be an excellent teacher who is passionate about developing pedagogy;
• have deep understanding of how to identify and develop the potential of others;
• be experienced in leading whole-school initiatives and be able to demonstrate the impact of these;
• be able to balance empathy, compassion and sensitivity with courage in making pivotal leadership decisions;
• be ambitious for the school, its students and their own professional development and career progression;
• be an innovator and problem solver;
• be an inspiration to students and staff.
In return we offer:
• a highly professional and collaborative working environment focused on developing a love of learning;
• opportunities to expand professional experience and repertoire;
• the chance to work with a cohort of highly intelligent and articulate students;
• first rate personal career development opportunities to assist you in the fulfilment of your career aspirations.
If this describes you, we would welcome your application. Please download our information pack and application form from the TES website or our school’s website
Closing date: Monday 19 February Noon
Interview dates: Thursday 1st March and Friday 2nd March
Please return completed forms to firstname.lastname@example.org
We extend an invitation to prospective candidates to visit our school and meet our Headteacher, Jon Beck. Please contact the Headteacher’s PA, Etsuko Sentance using email@example.com or 01256 890215, to make arrangements if you would like to accept our invitation.
Testbourne Community School is committed to safeguarding children and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment. All successful candidates will be subject to Enhanced Criminal Records Bureau checks, along with other relevant employment checks.