Deputy Leader of Science - TLR 2.2 (£4,462)
Required from September 2018
This is a fantastic opportunity for an enthusiastic, inspirational and highly motivated professional to play a key part in the leadership of one of our core subjects. The right candidate would join our thriving Science Faculty and work alongside our newly appointed Leader of Science to drive standards even higher in Biology, Chemistry, Physics and Combined Science. The role is suitable for an experienced colleague or a professional in the early stages of their career; professional development and support specific to the role will be provided.
The successful applicant will:
• Be an excellent practitioner with a passion for learning and teaching and a desire to ensure that the quality of learning in the Science Faculty is great.
• Be an aspiring leader with a desire to achieve the very best outcomes and deliver excellent provision for our students.
• Have excellent knowledge of Science related qualifications.
• Have a record of consistently delivering strong GCSE results across a range of abilities.
• Have an ability to support, motivate and develop teachers to improve their practice.
• Have an ability to engage, enthuse and motivate students and staff.
• Be a committed, highly competent, energised, reflective and resilient individual.
• Possess the skills and determination to make a profound difference to the lives of our students by sharing our belief in the highest standards of academic achievement in an inclusive setting.
If you are successful in your application, you will have excellent developmental opportunities to:
• Support the Leader of Science and the Senior Leadership team in delivering ongoing excellent provision in this core subject, particularly in relation to learning and teaching.
• Continue to develop the new GCSE Science specifications using your own ideas and to contribute to the development of a flagship faculty in the school and local area.
• Contribute to the development of a curriculum that challenges, inspires and engages students.
We pride ourselves on:
• Our success and drive in helping students achieve their full potential in Science – 72% grade C or above; 84% A*-C in Astronomy; 94% A*-C in Biology; 94% A*-C in Chemistry; 93% A*-C in Physics; 58% A*-C in Additional Science; VA score of +0.4.
• Being an oversubscribed and popular school with specialist status, located close to the M42 and M6, in easy reach of Birmingham, Staffordshire, South Derbyshire, Warwickshire and Leicestershire.
• Being a highly innovative, driven, inspirational and ambitious organisation with a clear vision for achieving success.
• Being part of the Castle Phoenix Trust and its associated teaching school. This facilitates an opportunity to play to your strengths and provide excellent collaboration between colleagues and leaders, access to effective CPD and the chance to develop leadership skills.
• Providing opportunities for progression.
• Our strong commitment to staff wellbeing and recognition, and a range of benefits which include cycle to work and childcare voucher schemes, free parking, an employee discount scheme, an Ipad or laptop and access to the on-site swimming pool.
We are currently introducing Scholarships for aspiring lead learning practitioners. Up to £2000 scholarship bursary will be available over two years. The Scholarship is to enable the preparation of inspirational resources, lead on aspects of intervention, sharing of good practice and development of a ‘leadership of learning’ challenge. There will also be a £1000 ‘golden ticket’ for training and development with the Castle Phoenix Teaching School Alliance and Leadership Academy
We are committed to effective learning, teaching, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff & volunteers to share this commitment.
Application forms available direct from the school, from the school website www.kingsburyschool.co.uk or from HumanResources@caludoncastle.co.uk. Application forms are to be returned to HumanResources@caludoncastle.co.uk.
Closing date: Monday 21st May 2018
Interview date: Wednesday 23rd May 2018